Solid body mounts

Solid body mounts

bender3

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 CJ7, .258, SR4 (boo), D300,
Crappy weather in North Georgia today, so i'm in the garage machining an aluminum solid body lift for the CJ. Gotta do something for it every day or it starts getting cranky...

52b160013c27bedb199f851815a55122.jpg
0a0464ff147c3ce043d11548108fb538.jpg
4e6f2b116d8545a5b71181c66ec6a7ac.jpg
e4d7a9811a21bd4de292427773eafb72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice !

Sorry for the question, but ..... Why? It seems like the rubbed pucks have to be there for a good reason, like keeping the frame from cracking and allowing the body to flex a little independent of the frame.

Sorry for the question, but ..... Why? It seems like the rubbed pucks have to be there for a good reason, like keeping the frame from cracking and allowing the body to flex a little independent of the frame.

Not any different than the M.O.R.E. pucks, doesn't seem like...assuming there'd be urethane bushings to go with 'em

You want the 'cushion' of a poly or rubber spacer with the solid one, so the body mounts flex and not break.
Also-only snug the bolt down-Again you want the mount area to flex as the body does.
I have run the MORE 1" body lift for many years, with no issues.;)
LG

View attachment 83088
0a0464ff147c3ce043d11548108fb538.jpg
4e6f2b116d8545a5b71181c66ec6a7ac.jpg
e4d7a9811a21bd4de292427773eafb72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curios. Are you tying your rollcage into the frame? Or are you going to install the solid mounts as a body lift? My son is going to fabricate my rollcage and tie it into the frame. He stated I need to replace the stock body mounts with solid aluminum. I know they makesolid aluminum body mounts for just about every US made vehicle. So I thought it would be easy to find some for a Jeep CJ ....... I was wrong

Just curios. Are you tying your rollcage into the frame? Or are you going to install the solid mounts as a body lift? My son is going to fabricate my rollcage and tie it into the frame. He stated I need to replace the stock body mounts with solid aluminum. I know they makesolid aluminum body mounts for just about every US made vehicle. So I thought it would be easy to find some for a Jeep CJ ....... I was wrong
If your tieng the cage to the frame I do not see why you would need solid mounts. You have already removed all flex from the frame.

If your tieng the cage to the frame I do not see why you would need solid mounts. You have already removed all flex from the frame.
I have actually seen cases where folks cut openings in the body so the roll cage goes to the frame underneath without being attached to the body itself. The bars of the cage pass through these holes in the body with rubber grommets/bushings. This allows the body to still flex without the roll cage interfering. Sorry, didn't have any pics of this.

Then there are also tie-in kits that use a rubber bushing (think leaf spring bushings). These kits can be bought, but look easy enough to make. The body is actually "sandwiched" between roll cage on top and these frame mounts underneath. These would still allow some Limited flex due to the rubber bushings, but do limit it as well.

frame_tie_in.jpg

Then there's always the external roll cage that doesn't attach to the body at all.

exo_cage.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks