Show your rig!

Show your rig!
ok my turn here are some pictures of my 1988 XJ and the specks

1988 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4.6 stroker aw4 231 Dana 44 rear Trust and Spooled 4:11 gears Disk Brakes Dana 30 hp 4:11 Detroit Locker tom woods shafts US alloy shafts Front rear Custom Bumpers 9500 mile marker winch front 9000 warn on a multi mount rear. the bumpers and roof rack are custom made from my shop other mods include bushwhacker fender flares and custom hand fabricated Cowel induction hood that was made from two hoods welded together that was done in my shop the paint was also done by me. it has 6" of lift from Rubicon Express 33/12.50/15 super swamper bogger tires on M R W bead locks. it has been a 9 year project that is never quite done. i have wheeled it every where from Maine to Tellico NC

jeeppaint082.png

jeeppaint078.jpg

jeeppaint075.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

Cowel induction hood that was made from two hoods welded together that was done in my shop the paint was also done by me.
What a great looking XJ! That thing looks NICE! Painting and body work and me just DON'T get along... :)
4.6 stroker
Now that is what I'm talking about... I'm a machining rat when it comes to ICE's! Any other mods?

its currant state is not so pretty it was rolled on labor day and is totaled i am currently building a replacement The motor is for sale
That sucks! It must have been a bad roll over to total it. Was it on the trail? I do hope no one was injured... :(

What are you building for a replacement? Another XJ? :)

i have seen that xj in action and it is amazing, its a nice rig and im sure it will be up and running soon. we can look at it this way, its winter up here and their is nothing better to do but to work on our rigs. stupid snow... lol

the unibody is twisted in more than one place the roof and floor are buckled yes it could be cut up and tubed but in Vermont its nice to have a roof and doors also our club requires it to be street legal. i have a 1997 XJ i am building i want it to be different my 88 was awesome and the axles and most of the parts will go into the new one but i want this one to have a look all its own. i wheeled the 88 hard for 9 years and it died saving us no permanent injury's just my pride, prior to this accident the worst i have done is a broken taillight in Maine. if you want to rehash the accident its on Pirate 4x4. me i am ready to move on.

Thanks for the link to the movie... I browsed through your gallery and now see what happened. Ouch! I can see why it's totaled now. Here's to your new project! :chug:

Now for a completely different subject! I am still laughing about this pic! TOO MUCH FUN!!! :notworthy: Oh to be young again! :banana:

jeeppaint087.jpg

well here is my little CJ5..

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 100
  • th_PICT1659.jpg
    th_PICT1659.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 56
  • PICT1639.jpg
    PICT1639.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Germany Creek 002.jpg
    Germany Creek 002.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 78
Great looking CJ5 - My favorite! Where is Germany Creek and what is that white junk on the ground?

I like the hood and the bead locks. Did you do the scoop and - they let you use bead locks on the street??? :)

if those are like my bead lock, their cragers and their sim beadlock. yes their street legal and the not fuctional bead locks.. who knows ive seen real ones that are just like mine.

if those are like my bead lock, their cragers and their sim beadlock. yes their street legal and the not fuctional bead locks.. who knows ive seen real ones that are just like mine.
Yea, I couldn't tell if they were real or not... :) I know around here they'll check them if they can...

Nope they aren't real ...although the PO tried to tell me they were. Just like he told me it had a 304 under the hood. Turned out someone else had installed a 360 in it.
THe hood scoop was installed by someone else also. I really havent done much to this but install the TJ rear flares and build the front bumper.

As for germany creek, its in western WA on the columbia river where I used to live (until last year). Just a logged out area near Longview, Wa. I hear they are buried in the white stuff again this year... :)

Hey Steveyos, Welcome to CJE. Nice to see that someone showed up here from JO. I stumbled upon this site a while ago and have been here for a while.

This is a recent photo of my rig which I will soon upgrade with the summer photo, but it will do for now :chug:
jeep2-1.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks