Trans shifter for THM 350

Trans shifter for THM 350

pablo fank

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'85 cj7, sbc 350, thm350, d300, amc20, d30
I'm doing a SBC 350 with a THM 350 trans. in my 1985 CJ7 Has anyone done this conversion and if so,
what shifter did you use and how do you like it?
What modifications, if any, did you have to do to make work?

I did a SBC 350 with a 700R4 swap in my 1984 CJ7 - so somewhat similar. I wanted the over drive gear in the 700R4. I used Novak's adaptor (Part # 137A) for the tranny to Dana300. I also got their twin stick kit (part # TX300), their twin stick knobs (part # KBLTBK716), and their dual shifter boot (part # TSB). I used their blank tunnel cover so I could cut my own holes for the shifters (part # F-7TTC) and their rear trans mount (part # RMU). Just had to drill new mounting holes in the skid plate once I had the engine/tranny/xfer case all in place and lined up where the mount needed to be. My trans shifter is a Lokar (Part # CM700AM). I used the Omix-Ada 18606.03 boot for this Lokar shifter. That is a boot for a transfer case, but worked perfect on the Lokar tranny shifter.

The Lokar shifter also included the reverse switch to power the backup lights and also the neutral safety switch so it only starts in Park or Neutral. Just wired that to the light blue wire going to the starter solenoid. I've had this for about 4 years now and love it. Never any issue, solid shifting, never slipped out, works great.

Of course I had to change drive shaft lengths for the different tranny/adaptor/x-fer case combined length. And since I have a 4" suspension lift, I also used wedges on the rear leaf springs to angle the pinion up a bit to reduce the rear drive shaft angle.

I did a SBC 350 with a 700R4 swap in my 1984 CJ7 - so somewhat similar. I wanted the over drive gear in the 700R4. I used Novak's adaptor (Part # 137A) for the tranny to Dana300. I also got their twin stick kit (part # TX300), their twin stick knobs (part # KBLTBK716), and their dual shifter boot (part # TSB). I used their blank tunnel cover so I could cut my own holes for the shifters (part # F-7TTC) and their rear trans mount (part # RMU). Just had to drill new mounting holes in the skid plate once I had the engine/tranny/xfer case all in place and lined up where the mount needed to be. My trans shifter is a Lokar (Part # CM700AM). I used the Omix-Ada 18606.03 boot for this Lokar shifter. That is a boot for a transfer case, but worked perfect on the Lokar tranny shifter.

The Lokar shifter also included the reverse switch to power the backup lights and also the neutral safety switch so it only starts in Park or Neutral. Just wired that to the light blue wire going to the starter solenoid. I've had this for about 4 years now and love it. Never any issue, solid shifting, never slipped out, works great.

Of course I had to change drive shaft lengths for the different tranny/adaptor/x-fer case combined length. And since I have a 4" suspension lift, I also used wedges on the rear leaf springs to angle the pinion up a bit to reduce the rear drive shaft angle.
Thanks TSB8C- I'm going to Lokars site to check them out.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom