Transfer case
TCase Shift rail seal cover

Patrick

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ5, LS 6.2, NV3550/D300, D44/30

68 CJ5, 350, Muncie/D18, D44/27 under construction
Whattup folks, checking in to this wealth of knowledge with all of you. Had this question to reaffirm and avoid regrets. I regeared/rebuilt the t-case and decided to leave this part out. It’s an important part of the single stick mechanism but I converted to twin stick for a good while now. The part is a dirt and moisture pocket that results in pitted shift rails. I would like to know what you think about leaving this component out for the twin stick setup. Thank you.

I thought I took a picture of it but did not. It goes where the circled part of rails is, sure you know which one I am referring to.

Attachments

• IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3057.jpeg
    IMG_3057.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 13
Im not sure if it matters one way or another but i put mine back on during my rebuild 3e1afcc2750b77a22f395a76edc5c26f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cap that goes over it ?

What twin stick kit did you all use? Sorry for the hijack and no I don't have an answer for you.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

What twin stick kit did you all use? Sorry for the hijack and no I don't have an answer for you.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk
Either JB or J & B out of Oregon. High quality stuff

JB conversions and J B custom fabrications are both excellent quality. And yes, it’s the cap that goes over both rails with a single bolt to hold it in place.

Im not sure if it matters one way or another but i put mine back on during my rebuild 3e1afcc2750b77a22f395a76edc5c26f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks gert. When I took it apart, there was crud and moist sand trapped inside that component, so I thought away it goes.

A guy on another forum gave me what I guess are fiber washers. He had a company that manufactures stuff is about all I know. He had put them on a couple transfer cases. Said they work great so he sent a set and they are on there. Fit really nicely in the cap and fit well around the rods. Gert actually helped out my buddy and I with the rods.

Thanks for that info, Belizean. I think I know what you are referring to, like the ouput yokes on the classic D18 t-case made out of felt.

Can’t say I have seen that on the T18. Think of a Lifesaver shape and made out of something kinda like red 3M Scotch Bright, but maybe not as bristled, but more dense.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom