Transfer case
TCase Shift rail seal cover

Patrick

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ5, LS 6.2, NV3550/D300, D44/30

68 CJ5, 350, Muncie/D18, D44/27 under construction
Whattup folks, checking in to this wealth of knowledge with all of you. Had this question to reaffirm and avoid regrets. I regeared/rebuilt the t-case and decided to leave this part out. It’s an important part of the single stick mechanism but I converted to twin stick for a good while now. The part is a dirt and moisture pocket that results in pitted shift rails. I would like to know what you think about leaving this component out for the twin stick setup. Thank you.

I thought I took a picture of it but did not. It goes where the circled part of rails is, sure you know which one I am referring to.

Attachments

• IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3057.jpeg
    IMG_3057.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 13
Im not sure if it matters one way or another but i put mine back on during my rebuild 3e1afcc2750b77a22f395a76edc5c26f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cap that goes over it ?

What twin stick kit did you all use? Sorry for the hijack and no I don't have an answer for you.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

What twin stick kit did you all use? Sorry for the hijack and no I don't have an answer for you.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk
Either JB or J & B out of Oregon. High quality stuff

JB conversions and J B custom fabrications are both excellent quality. And yes, it’s the cap that goes over both rails with a single bolt to hold it in place.

Im not sure if it matters one way or another but i put mine back on during my rebuild 3e1afcc2750b77a22f395a76edc5c26f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks gert. When I took it apart, there was crud and moist sand trapped inside that component, so I thought away it goes.

A guy on another forum gave me what I guess are fiber washers. He had a company that manufactures stuff is about all I know. He had put them on a couple transfer cases. Said they work great so he sent a set and they are on there. Fit really nicely in the cap and fit well around the rods. Gert actually helped out my buddy and I with the rods.

Thanks for that info, Belizean. I think I know what you are referring to, like the ouput yokes on the classic D18 t-case made out of felt.

Can’t say I have seen that on the T18. Think of a Lifesaver shape and made out of something kinda like red 3M Scotch Bright, but maybe not as bristled, but more dense.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks