Shackle size on 4" lift springs -opinions?

Shackle size on 4" lift springs -opinions?

jeradv

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘84 CJ7, 2.5, T4, D300
Hello everyone, my first post on the forum but my 2nd CJ build. This is the first problem I've ran into that I can't solve with the search feature.

Have a look at the picture below. I've seen several folks say they ran stock shackles with a 4" leaf lift successfully but I cant help but feel like this might cause some issues. Every the slightest force and the shackle will slip behind the bracket and bind up.

I bought some 1/4 flat bar and considering fabbing up some new shackles but wanted to see what you guys opinions are on ideal length? I feel like if I added even 3/4 inch (3 3/4 hole to hole) would help tremendously.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3893 (1).jpg
    IMG_3893 (1).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 84
When you flip it over and get all the weight on it, the shackles will straighten out.

You will have problems with your shackets inverting even when you put weight on the springs. Ask me how I know!! You will have to get a set of antikick back shackles or have to build some. MrBass has built some pretty sure he will chime in.

Forgot to mention they are also call boomerang shackles.

Attachments

• EF23618C-B786-47CC-97E1-1AEFF01D3B1B.jpg
    EF23618C-B786-47CC-97E1-1AEFF01D3B1B.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 65
We installed a 4 in YJ lift this spring. We made some anti kickback shackles and longer stronger spring hangers. Check out our build thread started by mriplaybass, "they're coming to take me away" and there are several pictures of what we did. Here is one so you get the idea.
e028d45eb060cb03d5d5f5e51d8b15ab.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks