Misc. Searching for my Grandpa's Jeep

Misc. Searching for my Grandpa's Jeep

BMoney

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ISO My Grandpa's 1967 CJ-5
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bryan and I joined in hopes of finding my grandfather's 1967 CJ5. This vehicle was the car I learned basically all of my mechanics skills on when I was a young kid. My father and I worked on it nights and weekends and basically built it back from the frame up. This Jeep was used as a vehicle to launch our boats with at Lake Havasu, AZ.

Some time ago, the Jeep was sold to an employee of Hickman Family Farms. I believe his name is George Bangel or Bingle or something like that. Well, now that I am a little older I would like to get the Jeep back so I am on the hunt for it. Unfortunately I don't have any records of the VIN. The only thing I have is a plaque from the Jeep that says it is Special Sales Order No. D-4223.

I did call Hickman Family Farms as my grandfather and the owner of the company were on the board of directors for the condo complex in Havasu. Mr. Hickman is the one who told me about George purchasing the vehicle and then George sold it to someone in San Diego, California.

My grandfather and one other guy were partners on the vehicle and they were the original owners. I am hoping that by being on this forum someone will be able to help me out in tracking down my grandfather's Jeep. If you have any information I would greatly appreciate it, just reach out. Any questions please feel free to ask me.

The jeep itself when we were done with it, had a custom dash made out of steel with all matching Autometer gauges and I believe my grandpa and father had power steering installed on it. It also had Rancho Suspension and a rebuilt Buick V6. I believe it was a green color when we had it and it also had aftermarket fiberglass seats that we installed. It didn't have doors when we had it either. Anyways, hopefully someone can help fill in the blanks and maybe knows where this Jeep is. Thanks in advance!

Make inquiry with the DMV, you'll need your grand dad's info, they should be able to provide the vin and maybe the current owner for a fee.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks