Misc. Rt front wheel will not roll rearward

Solution
Actually, I just finished fixing it. Turns out the uppr caliper bracket to hub bolt had come our allowing the caliper to rock rearward and wedge against the rim. All new brakes now on front and driving good.
The right front wheel on my 79 jeep cj 7 with full time Quadra Trac will roll freely forward but will not roll rearward at all. I took the jeep out for a drive, parked it in my garage. About a week later when I tried to back the jeep out of the garage it seemed like a brake was stuck or something so I gave it more gas. It jerked backward but made a clanking sound and barely moved.
I first thought maybe I had adjusted the tear drum brakes too tight when I recently checked the brakes wkile installing the 2.5 inch suspension lift. I adjusted the rear brakes till they moved freely, tried to move the jeep but same thing, no rear movement. I jacked up each wheel with the jeep in neutral and level. 3 moved freely both directions. Rt front moves freely forward but no movement rearward at all. Just like a ratchet.
I assume the problem is in the hub but I have little experience with the full time hubs. What could the problem be? Is it most likely in hub itself? Could it be in the diff? Pretty sure its in the front axle somewhere. I have not disassembled anything yet, I would like some sense of direction or know what im looking for before I do.
Would appreciate whatever comments, help, info I can get.
Need to get it moved soon as weather starting to change and I need to get motorcycle and utv in the garage for winter storage.

What if you disconnect your front driveshaft…

Actually, I just finished fixing it. Turns out the uppr caliper bracket to hub bolt had come our allowing the caliper to rock rearward and wedge against the rim. All new brakes now on front and driving good.

Solution
Good. Posting a resolution is always a good ending.

Glad it was easy like brakes and not something more serious like axle or hub.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks