Roof Top Tent (RTT) Questions

Roof Top Tent (RTT) Questions

Randun

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2000 4Runner and a 1969 Beetle
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, and I'm so glad to be apart of it.

I have a question for all of you that will listen. :)

I'm thinking about getting a roof top tent (RTT). Do any of you have one? If so, what are the pros and cons of a RTT?

Thank you all so much for your time and your help!

Welcome. Interesting question. I'm interested in the subject myself.

The wife and I have done plenty of tent camping over the years and the only thing that stopped me from getting a RTT was not being able to get the dog in. We just got a new tent this year. 14 ft by 10 ft. They just get bigger everytime. 😁

IMG_20200905_101816634.jpg

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

What a cool tent you guys have! I love the color too. It's huge.

I hear you on the pups. I have a friend that told me that you can attach a lower annex room to your RTT so that your dog can stay inside of there. Another friend told me that he just picks his dog up and puts him into the tent every time. I also saw online that people have augmented their ladders to act like a ramp and then the dogs climb up and down that way.

Thank you so much for your opinion. I really appreciate it.

I have seen people add the annex to fully enclose the ladder area to get dressed and also leave the dog down below. I have 2 tents but know roof at this point to add the RTT. A good pickup would solve that or a nice trailer behind the Jeep

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

What a cool tent you guys have! I love the color too. It's huge.

I hear you on the pups. I have a friend that told me that you can attach a lower annex room to your RTT so that your dog can stay inside of there. Another friend told me that he just picks his dog up and puts him into the tent every time. I also saw online that people have augmented their ladders to act like a ramp and then the dogs climb up and down that way.

Thank you so much for your opinion. I really appreciate it.

We keep her in a kennel inside the tent so the extra room is helpful. She's 8 now , getting up there in age for a dog her size and has arthritis in her hips. She's also a big baby so if she couldn't see us at night she'd be in the annex whining.

I like the idea of being off the ground and at some point I'll get one to put on top of my trailer. That's the long term plan.

Here's a link for you : https://www.cj-8.com/threads/bantam-trailer-build-with-safari-equipment-rooftop-tent.42076/

I have seen people add the annex to fully enclose the ladder area to get dressed and also leave the dog down below. I have 2 tents but know roof at this point to add the RTT. A good pickup would solve that or a nice trailer behind the Jeep
Thank you so much for your opinion and for getting back to me! I love these ideas.

That idea would work great for a dog!

Thank you again.

We keep her in a kennel inside the tent so the extra room is helpful. She's 8 now , getting up there in age for a dog her size and has arthritis in her hips. She's also a big baby so if she couldn't see us at night she'd be in the annex whining.

I like the idea of being off the ground and at some point I'll get one to put on top of my trailer. That's the long term plan.

Here's a link for you : https://www.cj-8.com/threads/bantam-trailer-build-with-safari-equipment-rooftop-tent.42076/
Thank you so much for your opinions! Those are some great ideas for camping with dogs.

I fixed the link in my last post so now you should be able to click on it and read. It's a good thread. I'm doing alot of stuff with my trailer as well. Hopefully I'm granted a vacation day for Monday , if so the sandblasting will begin. 😁

I fixed the link in my last post so now you should be able to click on it and read. It's a good thread. I'm doing alot of stuff with my trailer as well. Hopefully I'm granted a vacation day for Monday , if so the sandblasting will begin. 😁
Thank you so much for the link! I will check that out.

Good luck with your trailer too. We all can't wait to see how it turns out!

Hello everyone!

I'm thinking of getting a roof top tent, and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the different types of RTTs that are out there?

I have been doing my research and I see that there are soft tents, hard ABS/Fiberglass style tents, and I have also seen aluminum tents. Does anyone have any pros or cons of these different types of tents?

Thank you so much for your time and your help!

I don't want to fall out after a couple... :chug::sick::sleep::doh:

You would be easy pickings for the wolves then.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks