Reward mine

Reward mine

Sasquach

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5, 258 w/4.0head, Mopar MPI, P.S., P.B.,Tilt wheel, No stereo, t-18, t-20, amc 20, dana-30 w/tru-trac, Warn full float w/locking hubs & Detroit locker in the AMC.
1964 CJ3B, 4-134
1952 M100 trailer
Just back from some exploration in the Owens valley, Ca. area. There is a mine you can drive into called the Reward, not sure how deep it goes in cuse we got a little nervous after about 200' but the headlights showed at least another 100-200'. Our flashlights were weak so we could not go in on foot and will have to investigate further another time. It has small turnouts every so often so you could get turned around and not have to back out, it does get a bit tight on headroom but we did clear by about 3" in the lower spots!

Attachments

• Reward mine.jpg
    Reward mine.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,466
COOL!

Might be worth a return visit with fresh flashlights.

Thanks for sharing.

Just back from some exploration in the Owens valley, Ca. area. There is a mine you can drive into called the Reward, not sure how deep it goes in cuse we got a little nervous after about 200' but the headlights showed at least another 100-200'. Our flashlights were weak so we could not go in on foot and will have to investigate further another time. It has small turnouts every so often so you could get turned around and not have to back out, it does get a bit tight on headroom but we did clear by about 3" in the lower spots!
Pretty neat.Owens Valley isn't that where LA gets its water from.I think they had a little range war over that too.

Pretty neat.Owens Valley isn't that where LA gets its water from.I think they had a little range war over that too.
Yup..Just ask any local and they will tell you LA stole there water. The Owens valley used to be a rich farming area with fruit orchards etc. and the Owens dry lake was not dry but supported shipping to carry gold and silver ingots across and resupply the mines with provisions and not to mention Mono lake that was almost drained before the Greenies got them to stop taking it all! The war continues.
It is a fabulous place to explore if you can stand the elements, Miles and miles of Jeep roads and trails with views to die for.

Attachments

• road to Black Warrior and Long John mines.jpg
    road to Black Warrior and Long John mines.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 367
  • P1010025.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 373
  • P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 924
HOT !!!
Really hot.
Kinda like cool, but hot. :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom