Replacement of header gaskets 304

Replacement of header gaskets 304
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ5, 304
I've replaced the passenger side header gasket. I went to start the driver side and noticed the dip stick is in the way. Do I have to remove it or will it spin out of the way. Is there a way to do this without removing the dipstick? If I have to remove the dipstick, any advice?

I was trying to complicate things. I just slightly bent the dipstick giving me enough room to access the header. I couldnt get it as clean as I hoped but I'm using remflex gaskets so hopefully that wont matter. Was able to get the old gasket off but not all of the carbon. The headers are pretty warped so I'm happy with it. Killed two gaskets trying to get the sidepipes on. I'm going to wait on a third hand to finish that. Who knew attaching the side pipes would be harder than the headers themselves.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks