Renegade Wheel Width?

Renegade Wheel Width?

wayfatcat

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'76 frame - '86 Body CJ7,
AMC 304
I have a '76 CJ7 with the slotted wheels but I want to do a 33" 12.5" tire. These wheels seem to be an 8" width. When I measured with a ruler through the slots it seemed to be about 8" total. Anyway to tell for sure?

Last edited:
I have a '76 CJ7 with the slotted wheels but I want to do a 33" 12.5" tire. These wheels seem to be an 8" width. When I measured with a ruler through the slots it seemed to be about 8" total. Anyway to tell for sure?

Pull the tire off the Jeep and see if the size is stamped into the backside of the wheel. Not sure if the slotted Renegades were the same, but in my experience, NT axles tend to have factory 8" wheels & WT tend to have factory 7" wheels.

The 76 sausage slots were 15 x 7.00

That's what I was seeing online, too. Oh, well. I guess I can sell them then. Thanks guys.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks