Ramsey Winch Remote wiring

Ramsey Winch Remote wiring

JTBabinski

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ-7 (driver), 1 1/2 '85 CJ-7 (project)
Howdy...one of the jeeps I just aquired has a ramsey winch mounted on the front. I haven't figured out which model it is...labels are worn away.

It has a (I think standard) 4-pin connector to plug in the switch cord, but I didn't get a switch along with it. Before I spend $70 on a new one, can anyone provide the wiring diagram, or switch stats (volts, amps, etc) so that I can rig up a test switch to see if the thing really works?

Or, anyone have an extra switch remote cord laying around?

Thanks!

Jeff

It won't be too hard to figure when you take the cover off. I would bet it's two big relays, contactors, the switch just changed low amperage power from the forward contactor to the reverse contactor. you could look for the pin that is hot to ground and jump to the others with a jumper wire until you made noise. Make sure you have slack in the cable just in case you hit the rewind switch. I don't think you can hurt anything doing this, just bump it and keep your body parts out of the way.:cool:

Have you looked at Ramseys Web site there are some wiring diagrams for thier winches there. Thats where I found one for mine.:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom