Question about '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Transmission

Question about '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Transmission

Les

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 - 258ci engine (rebuilt) with dual outlet header, stock T4 transmission, Zoom high performance clutch, Dana 300 transfer case, custom drive shaft w/TJ yokes, Dana 30/AMC 20 front/rear diff (Alloy USA upgrade) and Ox lockers. Jeep was originally a basket case, purchased for $250, and I have spent over a year rebuilding it in my spare time in the "old school" way, with attention to keeping it as stock appearing as possible, but making improvements where needed.
I can't believe I've agreed to work on this thing, but the wife is having problems with her '98 Grand Cherokee and I suspect it is a malfunctioning Transmission Control Unit (TCU). Has anyone out there ever changed one of these and know where it is physically located on the vehicle? I told her I'd be happy to put a standard trans in it, but noooooooo, she doesn't want to learn to drive a standard.......so, here I am......Assistance would be appreciated.:drool:

i believe that grand has a JTEC controler and the tcm is part of the PCM. should have 3 connector(black,grey&white) under the hood by the coolant recovery bottle...held on w/ 3 screws.

i believe that grand has a JTEC controler and the tcm is part of the PCM. should have 3 connector(black,grey&white) under the hood by the coolant recovery bottle...held on w/ 3 screws.

Thanks for the info....I will go take a look. Now, if I can just convince my wife to get rid of her electronically controlled p.o.s. and get her into a real Jeep..:)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks