Steering Power steering lines.

Steering Power steering lines.

Bobber

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 4.2l
I just received a red head steering box. It came with a pack of o rings but no line seats in the steering box. I assume I will have to change out my lines to the o ring style?

I just received a red head steering box. It came with a pack of o rings but no line seats in the steering box. I assume I will have to change out my lines to the o ring style?
:welcome:

Yes, or get a local hose company to make a couple of adaptors.
Be sure to look at the pump fittings also if you change the complete line.
The return line is low pressure so that is the easy one, hose clamps and fuel line can work.
The pressure side has to be able to take the high PSI.
Is getting an exchange or refund for the box out of the question?

Are you sure you have the right box for your year jeep, or the right hoses for your year? This is just off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure (not positive), at some point Jeep switched from standard compression fitting to the O-ring style.

Are you sure you have the right box for your year jeep, or the right hoses for your year? This is just off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure (not positive), at some point Jeep switched from standard compression fitting to the O-ring style.
You are correct. :tu: It's a GM Saginaw box and there was a transition year plus you never know what previous work has been done on the CJ or even if the PS has been added.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks