Playboy Edition ??

Playboy Edition ??

CJAKE7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Had: 90 Wrangler, 85 CJ7, 51 Willys pickup, 94 Cherokee Sport
Have: 85 CJ7
Ok - Now that I have your attention. I was reading an article in Expedition Portal about Jeeps and they said that their was a CJ5 Playboy Edition. I have never heard of this, I Googled it and looked here in the forum and found no information to support this. Can anyone verify if this is correct or not. I have trouble picturing a playboy bunny on the hood in the place of an eagle.:rolleyes:

Ohhhh I don't have any difficulty at all imagining a bunny rather than an eagle on the hood of my Jeep. hmmmmmm ..... yesss ...... bunny ..... a hot bunny on a hot CJ hood ...... mmmmmmmm. Okay enough of that.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Heff use to (may still do it for all I know) give a pink Cadillac to the Playmate of the year but never heard of a CJ although it’s possible he had one made up. May Kay started giving the sales superstars of the year one too but I don’t know how that all fit in with Heff’s use of a Cadillac and pink as a reward. Hummm….

They gave the '96 Pmate of the year a new Wrangler. Not exactly a "CJ" edition, though.

I've seen photos of CJ5's that had the early Renegade package striping that included a white bunny head logo just above the "Jeep" logo, in the center of the vertical part of the black side stripe. Don't know the origin or authenticity of the vehicle. It'd be easy to slap a sticker on a CJ and claim it's anything you want.

They gave the '96 Pmate of the year a new Wrangler. Not exactly a "CJ" edition, though.

I've seen photos of CJ5's that had the early Renegade package striping that included a white bunny head logo just above the "Jeep" logo, in the center of the vertical part of the black side stripe. Don't know the origin or authenticity of the vehicle. It'd be easy to slap a sticker on a CJ and claim it's anything you want.
Everyone must be thinking of my 1974 CJ5 Renegade I found it on craigs list it was a “ barn find” it’s in remarkable shape due to 30 + years in a garage it actually had original white wall tires and all 5 original American Racing aluminum Rims

Attachments

• 17CCD479-7A5C-42C8-9FBA-CFC342CD843C.jpeg
    17CCD479-7A5C-42C8-9FBA-CFC342CD843C.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 11
  • 46C6592B-4E96-486D-977B-5B0C35500428.jpeg
    46C6592B-4E96-486D-977B-5B0C35500428.jpeg
    541.3 KB · Views: 11
Normally I'd laugh at the resurrection of an 8 year old thread, but with the Limited amount of activity this forum has, I think we should encourage all threads to be revisited, with all the new members that seem to be arriving daily, we should have an influx of new threads and post...HEY...NEW GUYS...GET BUSY GETTIN BUSY LOL

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Everyone must be thinking of my 1974 CJ5 Renegade I found it on craigs list it was a “ barn find” it’s in remarkable shape due to 30 + years in a garage it actually had original white wall tires and all 5 original American Racing aluminum Rims
Nice 5 !!!

I should mention that the previous owner I bought it from listed it as “possibly Playboy edition?” Which I really don’t think existed, it appears that the original owner put those stickers on it years ago, but funny how it ended up as one of the mysterious web legends and I believe I actually stumbled upon it. But the rest of the Jeep is original and in excellent condition and I also found out the second toughest four letter words on wheels, rusted 48 year old Jeep bolt and trying to get them out without snapping or stripping them!

I should mention that the previous owner I bought it from listed it as “possibly Playboy edition?” Which I really don’t think existed, it appears that the original owner put those stickers on it years ago, but funny how it ended up as one of the mysterious web legends and I believe I actually stumbled upon it. But the rest of the Jeep is original and in excellent condition and I also found out the second toughest four letter words on wheels, rusted 48 year old Jeep bolt and trying to get them out without snapping or stripping them!
I am amazed that anyone actually was paying attention I saw how old the thread was and was curious if it would accept a reply after so many years but it did
My son who is a JK guy told me about the playboy edition legend and figured I would take a look and after reading it I laughed and had to try and see if thread was still active and it was so like big foot maybe the legend lives on. I will post some more pictures when I finish the suspension restoration and get her back on the road.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
The heck with the JEEP. Show the playmate ! :chug: Just kidding Chuck. Post a couple of pictures of the Jeep along with the centerfold. :D

Normally I'd laugh at the resurrection of an 8 year old thread, but with the Limited amount of activity this forum has, I think we should encourage all threads to be revisited, with all the new members that seem to be arriving daily, we should have an influx of new threads and post...HEY...NEW GUYS...GET BUSY GETTIN BUSY LOL
Thanks, Covid killed a lot of forums and stopped people from going out and interacting. It will get better though :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom