Build Thread Picked up a 86’ cj7

Build Thread Picked up a 86’ cj7

tbone3636

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86’ CJ7 w/ 304
Picked up a cruiser for around town. Found out real quick jeeps like money. I bought it with a lot of work already done to it. It’s been a fun process so far. It has a 304 w/ 904 tranny. I have replaced the motor mounts and transmission mounts. It was missing a bolt in the bell housing. When I got it home and drove it, it was running hot. It had a new electrical gauge but it didn’t want to work right. Replaced it with a mechanical gauge, bought a fan shroud and installed it and replaced the thermostat w/ 180. The old thermostat was stuck open. Now it runs 180-190! Next on the list is to replace the exhaust. Currently has fenderwell headers and with two little kids I didn’t want that. So I’ve got a set of patriot ceramic header in and will be taking it to a exhaust shop soon for a full length dual flow master exhaust. I’ll have to rerun the transmission cooler lines for the new exhaust. And fix a nice leak where the line comes into the bottom of the tranny cooler. Next after that is steps. It’s sitting on 35” tires and 5-6” of lift. Any recommendations on a good set of side steps that go to frame? Also any tips on running the exhaust in frame in regards to heat soaking components like starter ect.? The PO put bestop seats and brackets in it I believe. I had to install a slider on the driver side seat bc my wife is just under 5’ tall. Added a borgeson steering shaft which help tighten up the steering. Still has some road walk, it’s got a agr box w/ brace on it. I’m sure an alignment will help it out. All in all it’s been fun, any advice will be well taken.

List of things I’d like to do
Put in a tilt steering column
Possibly yj roll bar w/ windshield bars or add some to my cj roll bar if possible.
New shifter, current one is pretty sloppy
7ef9460a9e0a02f9284c91a47718c774.jpgfb5c7ba7f2cda365833101f2e6131d77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a beautiful example to start with. Nice color too. Glad that it is being preserved and used.

sweet dude nice ride welcome aboard from Texas, my 360 runs hot as well, something about big V8s and slow moving Jeeps

thw floor boards onmy Jeep are getting toasty from the cat converter

we love pictures and love helping other spend money on their jeep

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks