Build Thread Pete's Virginia Farm Find

Build Thread Pete's Virginia Farm Find
Hi pete, newbie here and thanks for sharing. Missing my fam bc of this :(

Hi pete, newbie here and thanks for sharing. Missing my fam bc of this :(

Well I don't want you missing your family over my Cj but I appreciate the comment. Honestly this Cj has been pretty good to me in a time I've needed a little lower maintenance Jeep. Yes I've had to do some upkeep since my last post but I'm almost at a point where I'm ready to be a more active member of the site again. More on that a bit later. Let's just say my health is improving but I still need a little more time.

Good to hear you are back in the game again !

Copy that, sir - We’ve missed havin ya around

Sent from the nice cool A/C

Pete - Rubicon Trail ride 2020. Get ready! lol

Good to hear from you bud!

:chug:

Where did that picture go? Was a nice Jeep there Pete!

I was trying to find a new place to host my photos cause Photobucket blows. Tried uploading to the gallery here but my files are too large and I can't remember how I used to do it. I was going to update the things I've done to the Cj but need pics with it. 😉

Mine are uploaded thru Tapatalk or Imgur.....

I noticed a bunch of mine are missing at the first part of my build - hafta work in that one of these days....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are uploaded thru Tapatalk or Imgur.....

I noticed a bunch of mine are missing at the first part of my build - hafta work in that one of these days....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok trying this with Tapatalk now. Haven't updated this thread in a while. The windshield frame I got with the Cj was thinner gauge than the original and the wiper pivots tore it up. I got a better replacement one and painted it with some paint I had laying around. I'll color match it better when the nicer weather comes around.ff9805845f975f9baf96d10b1ff7817b.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I also put a new Luk clutch in over the Summer. While I had the trans out I gave everything a thorough cleaning and painted the Dana 300. I wish I would've gotten a before pic of the trans. It was solid black and between it and the transfer case I spent a whole weekend just cleaning. Turned out nice though4bd5aa7ccbdc89f1b26407f40fb3a563.jpg59347cc2011fe571d6673ec1c0854018.jpg3b036f6826dc3af7c57bbf98935b0f7e.jpg

Unfortunately the 258 in the Cj is running no higher than 20 psi oil pressure so I'd been looking for a replacement. I was looking for a 360 but didn't have much luck. Then a came about a Yj 258. I got to hear it run , oil pressure was at a beautiful 60 psi and a compression check found all 6 cylinders above 125. It doesn't look too pretty right now but I'll clean it up regasket and repaint.4180d97623138ab89543fc90b297e1d5.jpg

Nice Pete - good to see the progress bud!

I reinforced my wiper frame pivot openings and haven't had a problem in a year and a half so far...

https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f98/mikes-1986-cj7-mid-year-rebuild-27149/index15.html#post245708

I did use your thread to fix mine and it worked for a little over a year. What I should have also done was get new pivots. Mine weren't as smooth as they should've been and I never lubed the pivot points. The wipers were always a bit raggedy and noisy and I wrote it off as a Jeep thing. They wound up binding again and bending all the linkage up and shearing of the keyways on the pivots. Then I got some Crown linkage that lasted about 2 months. Your fix was also more precise than mine and that didn't help either. But hey thanks for helping me keep them running for an extra Year and a Half or so. 👍

These next few months are all about parts gathering. My mechanic who does my yearly inspection said I need to fix the rust issues my Cj has before my next inspection. Scored some replacement corner sheet metal today for $50. The real deal was a rust free hardtop lift gate for another $75. Can't grab a pic off Facebook of the lift gate but it's nice.

Every year for the last 5 years my step son and I dabble in some fantasy football. This year it's paying off. We're in the championship game next week and if we win I'll be grabbing some new front fenders as well. It'll be nice not to have to put in a bunch of OT for Jeep parts for once

20285fe065d698a7476e1ea1d1611c29.jpg

Last edited:
Well finally broke down and put the hardtop on. Merry Christmas everyone.5f7ad992529110f8723054db501b16d5.jpg

Well here's my East Coast Unicorn. A rust free lift gate for $75. What a interesting trip to pick it up in New Jersey. Using GPS but have never gotten sound out of my phone when using it. Always had Vicki with till today so it wasn't a big deal.

Long story short I miss a turn and end up lost in a Spanish speaking area with the gas light on in my step sons Eclipse. I finally pull the car in the gas station I find sputtering almost outta fuel. Dumb me finally figured out my volume on the phone is off. Now I'm 1/2 hour past where I was supposed to be so I end up an hour late. Still happy to pick it up and I can actually hear the GPS so all is well.

That's when the blue lights flash behind me. Seems I hit a road that has a one block area that's 25 and I was doing 41. The officer was awesome though and left me off with a warning. Quite eventful to say the least.

I'll clean it up and paint it tomorrow and show you why I needed it to begin with.1708820a7c292210a8f60c5b7f4edd78.jpg

Well we lost our Fantasy football championship game but I've been working 3-3s for awhile so I ordered some new fenders anyway. Should be here by mid week. I only have 4 days off this month but this weekend was two of them. Can't complain when 2 days off in January are in the low 60s. Here's my junk lift gate that kind of kept the weather out

725c84e833538bb7f4f3875686cc8538.jpgfd7ac8799c124f49e898abd8b8de80fb.jpg

With weather like that I could open the garage door and paint the new lift gate to match the hard top. Now I have access to the rear again since I can open and close this one. Looks and seals much better. It does have a little ding at the handle I'll address a little later.36febe0b28b031696c7b205d6a4c1414.jpgda95d858b402efa71b9d9d1f3258eb5f.jpg2ea3669a3960f6cc6749704cecc6da25.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom