Performance Distributors

Performance Distributors

cj77

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj-7 6 cyl 258. 1977
Hello
I have the CJ7 6 cyl 258 original. I need to know if I can use the performance distributors - D.U.I distributors, comes with a internal 50.000 volt coil) and live wires? somebody knows this company?
thanks

Swapping a D.U.I. for the Prestolite ignition from what I have read is a pretty common swap, they are a bit pricey though, I have heard with good results.

Hi,
I haven't posted in a long time, but I have a real problem with starting my engine. To start it is a 67 CJ5 with a 225 odd fire engine. The engine is completely rebuilt and has ran well for almost a year. After rebuilding I re installed the old distributor, replaced it because the vacuum advance was frozen. Got a rebuilt cardon but it burnt up points three times,( something inside was shorted out) and I didn't want fuss with it. Back to the drawing board, I then put in the HEI distributor and did the grind of the intake manifold used a buttonhead bolt but after I got it in I could not more the unit very much. To advance it the vacuum advance hit the water outlet on the manifold to retard it hit the fan, I felt that with that little movement I could not time it properly so I put back in the old distributor only I put on a new vacuum advance unit. Then I put in a pertronix electronic unit and it ran well for awhile now it won't start after I ran it. Like going to the store park and ran in to get something and when I get back in the engine cranks and cranks but won't start. I had it towed home and checked the spark by holding the plug next the grounded engine and cracking the engine over, but nothing. After a I let sit over nite I went out to try to start it a low and behold it started. I then went to a speed shop with the problem and they said to move the coil from the manifold to the firewall o.k. I did that but the problem is still there. Now when I start it it runs but acts like it's only running on two or three cylinders and when I put it to a fast idle it backfires through the exhaust. I'm at my wits end with this. I need to get it fixed as I'm taking the jeep to the northwest and will be 30 miles from the nearest service and don't need to walk home. Can someone PLEASE help. Thanks Kadar

The 225 engine I just mentioned with the old distributor was o.k. But the weights inside were worn and a little sloppy if that means anything. Thanks Kadar

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks