People are slobs

People are slobs

Old Dog

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7 350 tbi, TH350, D300 twin sticked & clocked, narrowed Chief D44 Eaton Elocker & Moser shafts, Explorer 8.8 Detroit locker, 410's, RE 4.5" spring lift 1" body lift, 35" Claws, cage tied to frame, Corbeau baja seats, HD tie rod and draglink, u-bolts flipped, custom skid plate and sliders, Warn 9.5ti winch with Amsteel synthetic line
Just spent the weekend at a clean up down at Jelleco TN. We filled up 500 large trash bags, 4 pickup trucks, and 3 18ft trailers with trash from along the back roads. This was everything from paper to applinces what a mess.:mad:
But hey it was a nice weekend to be outside and we made friends with some property owners and now have some new places to wheel so it was worth it.:)

Glad you made some friends and new contacts, especially if it gives you new places to explore.

Unfortunately there will always be the SOB's that don't under stand the pack in - pack out concept! Or, even worse - as you described, think that our natural resources are their own private dumping grounds. Those pieces of :dung: think that the whole world is a place for them to part their garbage!

Good to see someone doing good for the environment and for the reputation of wheelers.:notworthy:

Boy scouts practice 'leave no trace.' Maybe the whole world needs to learn it too.

Good deal! every effort helps the cause!

I got to turn in a guy a couple years ago. Found him dumping trash and brush in an area we used to test out the truck's capabilities. Saw him a couple different times looking suspicious, then one day found him sitting with a truck load of :dung: waiting for everyone to clear out of the little 'hole' he was in. Told them if they were dumping all that :dung:, we would turn them in. So we stopped at the entrance and called the cops. waited for about 30 minutes before they got there, and twice the old lady came out to see if we were still sitting there. Cops showed up and arrested them for 'habitual illegal dumping' or something. never went to court over it tho...Don't know what happened with it...

Pete
Your right the old riding area where snotrock,werser,airplaine ect. were has been closed for a couple years now.:( Thats why our club has been working with the locals for the last few years to try to find some new places to ride, it looks like it's starting to pay off. We have a ride down there in May to check out the new found areas. I hope theres something worth the trip.:)
The environmental officer we have been working with is a Jeeper himself and has been helping us as he knows all the locals and the area.

Definately take some pics while your down there and post them up if you can. Id really like to get down there if possible this year.

I know what you mean, when my daughter and I went to Haspin Acres in Indiana last year. We would get the Sunday morning and people would be leaving. They would leave their fire burning and the trash laying around. Granted it is a pay to play park, but still people should clean up their site AND PUT THEIR FIRES OUT.

Bubba had a day camp thing today with cub scouts. They were learning about wildlife, trees, and 'leave no trace.' You wouldnt believe the stuff they learned today.

He did 2 requirements and got a patch...

Ok, now my personal outlook...

EWWWWW!!!! Nature touched me!! I feel like I have bugs crawling on me. I itch! I am not used to walking in the woods.

ok, seriously, I am not that bad, but still...
I leave the wife at home and I have a good time:D My youngest she is 13 now does good until she meets a spider. It is funny to watcher run the raccoons off, I did have to teach her at a young age to leave the skunks alone though.:D

Well...

After I posted last night, Bubba had a come apart... He SWORE he had poison ivy. He showered, scrubbed. And he HAD to have corizone cream.

He DOES NOT have poison ivy.

But now, he is scared to go camping :(

They have wipes at the drug store that is supposed to cut the poison ivy oils and keep you from getting it. I have never used any.

My Bubba has General Anxiety Disorder (and ADHD, and Asthma, and Allergies-I think we cover all the A's we need or dont need.) And he takes no meds for any of it anymore. Anymore being a big word.

He used to just flip out if I put meat on his plate, now he flips out till he pukes. We dont understand that one the most.

But everyday, he has at least a couple of flip out moments. And I try to make him see that there is nothing wrong with whatever he is flipping out about, but it doesnt always work. But I am mommy, and mommy protects and makes it better... Usually that last line makes me smile. I love being there for him, but sometimes, I just want to smack the sense into him.

Sometimes it gets so bad that he wets the bed. Sometimes, he hyperventilates. Sometimes, its just tears and flailing arms. Sometimes he pukes.

I think about the medicine everyday. But I also remember him looking anorexic and having suicidal thoughts. No thanks.

He told me tonight that before he leaves for school in the morning, he needs insect repellant (Um, no.) And that we need to move to the city because there arent snakes and spiders there. lmao... I had to talk about that with him for a while.

Oops. Rambling again... Did you know its almost 2 am? It is.

WOW a guess that means when you get a jeep he's not going to be going offroad with you.

Yeah, he will. But he is fighting the Jeep. When I mention that I found one, he throws fits. :(

I am in this all by myself. No support :(

I guess that's what they mean by "Role Reversal".:eek:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks