Body Patching Firewall

Body Patching Firewall

aglinks

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘83 CJ7, 4.8L Vortec, TF999, D300, AMC20, D30
The PO of my Jeep cut a huge hole in the firewall right behind the engine. Cut through the firewall AND the fresh air box for the heater. No idea why. I am looking for someone with a trashed tub that would be interested in cutting out a section of firewall for me to use to graft over this spot. Will pay for the steel and shipping. I just am hoping not to pay the $180 for the OMIX firewall to cutout this one section. I already attempted to bend up some scrap metal and tack it in place and it looks really bad. I’m definitely not a great fabricator lol

i may have a section ill check once the snow melts

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

July ? :)

can you please send me a pic so I know what size section

This is an old picture (pre-LS swap) but you can see the whole behind the distributor.IMG_0342.JPG

ill see what I got. but at least it makes sense now. that was probably at some point in time for the air box to get cool outside air to the motor

ill see what I got. but at least it makes sense now. that was probably at some point in time for the air box to get cool outside air to the motor

Well it resulted in cold air in the cab and rain/snow coming in to my feet haha.

Well it resulted in cold air in the cab and rain/snow coming in to my feet haha.
so they cut to far.

its from a 4cly yj but should be the same0a992d6b0b018e5558003c3d3d7fb51f.jpgac4fac72bea0e1cbd70dc73f758c5b35.jpg

I am sure that's perfect! Maybe cut a bit big just in case its not exactly the same? That will give me room to massage it into place haha. How much do you want?

nothing. just pay shipping. just FYI it may be after the holidays before I can cut it off im going out of town to visit family

No rush! And I will happily venmo or paypal you the shipping. I can PM you my address when you are ready! Thank you so much!

ok I'll look for ur pm

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks