Pa. 4 wheeling the 4th of July Weekend

Pa. 4 wheeling the 4th of July Weekend

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Well Ive been trying to plan a Off-Road Adventure for the Pa. area awhile now. The time has finally come. I had to pick the July 4th weekend cause its a concrete weekend Im off that can't be scheduled.

This will be a family friendly event. You can turn it into a long weekend getaway if you'd like. I took off the 3rd (Thursday) through the 6th (Sunday) because I will be setting up camp here:

Echo Valley Campground

This will be a one day only trail ride event. The date is not solid but I believe it will be Saturday the 5th. I'll leave that open to the people who want to attend. This is where we will ride:

Rausch Creek Off-Road Park

You will need to pay for admittance to the park. I will post all the cost info for people who are interested but all fees can be found in the 2 links above. I will elaborate on this more over the weekend. Any questions? Fire away. :chug:

Pete, after looking at the links you posted, I think you should spend more than just a weekend there. You can't put a price on getaway time, hope that the weather is good.

Wish I could make it, but Dave already has me (and all my money and vacation time) for this year. :)
I do want to go to Rausch someday though. :drool: Go find us some good trails for the future. :chug:

I'd be there if the Jeep was together but it ain't happening by then. Take lots of pics to share and have a blast.

Pete, after looking at the links you posted, I think you should spend more than just a weekend there. You can't put a price on getaway time, hope that the weather is good.

Id love to take a week when work will let me. For now its a "Take what you can get" deal.

Wish I could make it, but Dave already has me (and all my money and vacation time) for this year. :)
I do want to go to Rausch someday though. :drool: Go find us some good trails for the future. :chug:
This will be my first time there. Im hoping for two trips this Summer. My other 2 weeks of vacation were the 2 weeks before Daves ride. Someday. :)

I'd be there if the Jeep was together but it ain't happening by then. Take lots of pics to share and have a blast.

I went through the members list here last year sometime and sent out pms about setting up rides. Out of 60 or so pms I got maybe 12 back. I pm'd those 12 about this. You and 1 other are in the same boat. I only need one other Cj to go with but would like to see 3 - 5.

I went through the members list here last year sometime and sent out pms about setting up rides. Out of 60 or so pms I got maybe 12 back. I pm'd those 12 about this. You and 1 other are in the same boat. I only need one other Cj to go with but would like to see 3 - 5.[/QUOTE]

You might need to broaden your wheeling buddies Pete. My group is up to 10 Jeeps and one Izusu Rodeo, but my 8 and another 7 are the only CJ's and the rest are mostly XJ's with one JK. You find the right group of people, the rig they drive is meaningless.

That is so true Hole. But I think this is a bit different being that it's from a group of Jeep owners (CJ) going for a nostalgic trail ride. Correct me if I'm wrong Pete.

I went through the members list here last year sometime and sent out pms about setting up rides. Out of 60 or so pms I got maybe 12 back. I pm'd those 12 about this. You and 1 other are in the same boat. I only need one other Cj to go with but would like to see 3 - 5.

You might need to broaden your wheeling buddies Pete. My group is up to 10 Jeeps and one Izusu Rodeo, but my 8 and another 7 are the only CJ's and the rest are mostly XJ's with one JK. You find the right group of people, the rig they drive is meaningless.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Theres a couple guys in my club that will come along but it'll be Xjs and a Tj or 2. No Cjs left. :(

That is so true Hole. But I think this is a bit different being that it's from a group of Jeep owners (CJ) going for a nostalgic trail ride. Correct me if I'm wrong Pete.

Thats what Im looking for. If I could just get 2 or 3 Cjs from here to go along that would be fine.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love for all me wheeling buddie's to drive a CJ (espsecially the guy in the Trooper, that darn thing all strock goes anywhere the lifted and locked Jeeps go:censored:) but stock XJ's and ZJ's start at $1500 down here. It's hard to blame a guy looking to pick up a toy who doesnt want to spend 5-6 grand on a decent CJ ,only to start dumping more into it to make it what they want.

Id love to reserve the 3 primitive campsites that are backed up to the creek at Echo Valley. Ive already called on one for me but these are great sites.

Come join me. :chug:

That place looks amazing (sigh). Wish I weren't a world away...

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

Maybe this is just the wrong weekend for this. Lost my camping spot waiting so CANCELLED.

Im willing to burn a vacation day or two later in July if somebody , anybody wants to go. Wheeling would be done on a Saturday. I would be camping from Friday through Sunday.

Hell I'd love to go Pete... Just can't make it yet...

One day I'll have a big Ford Diesel and a trailer and I can make some of these far away trips! If I get a big enough one we'll through your CJ on it for the ride back to Cali and you can hit the Rubicon with us! But don't break it cause you'll have to drive it home lolol

:chug:

Maybe this is just the wrong weekend for this. Lost my camping spot waiting so CANCELLED.

Im willing to burn a vacation day or two later in July if somebody , anybody wants to go. Wheeling would be done on a Saturday. I would be camping from Friday through Sunday.

Sorry you're gonna miss out on this. That place looks like it could totally revive one's Soul...

Hell I'd love to go Pete... Just can't make it yet...

One day I'll have a big Ford Diesel and a trailer and I can make some of these far away trips! If I get a big enough one we'll through your CJ on it for the ride back to Cali and you can hit the Rubicon with us! But don't break it cause you'll have to drive it home lolol

:chug:

If I got out there and did the Rubicon I cant say Id wanna come back. :D

Pete, you need to find some of these trails..:drool:

2014 JK Freak Fest - JcrOffroad - YouTube

They have everything there from mild to wild , competition courses as well. Id probably need atleast 1 locker for some of those trails. Those JKs made the trails look a bit easier than they'd be in a leaf sprung Cj. :rolleyes:

Sorry you're gonna miss out on this. That place looks like it could totally revive one's Soul...

Just for that week. Like I said I'll take a vacation day on a Friday and hit a 3 day weekend up there whenever someone wants to pm me a date or respond here. :chug:

Tough break there Pete, have you considered a Jeep club?

Yea I have. I was Just looking to start a CJ ride. There weren't anymore Cjs in my club when I stopped riding with them

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks