Offroad spot in So-Cal

Offroad spot in So-Cal

lilplaya25al

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Blue Jeep CJ7 AMC 360 V8
Hey everyone, so i have a CJ7 and its my first car and im 17 and my friends always talk about going to a nice spot thats not too hardcore somewhere in so-cal to offroad. I want somewhere easy because its going to be my first time offroading, well first time at a trail :D

Also my car is stick and i wouldnt say im a PRO at it but i am good and think i can crawl without stalling.
Anyways, anyone know any good spots in So-Cal that is good to offroad? I always go to pismo beach but never gone with my jeep, also ive heard of Gorman. Let me know what you think!

Do a search for McCain Valley, canyon sin nombre
There are other trailes and stuff in that area.

There is a book you can pick up at any book store called;
Southern_California_4x4_Trails_Maps

Also check out:
Southern California Off Road 4-Wheeling Trails and Maps - Where To Ride 4x4 Trucks and 4WD SUVs

McCain Valley:
yj.jpg

Last edited:
Gorman is good to learn. They have 4x4 park for you to practice. It looks easy, but be careful, I've snapped a u joint going up some of the areas. Jawbone Canyon has some good areas and hill climbs. Last Chance Canyon is a beginner 4x4 trail. Trail is only about 1 1/2 long. Some other good spots are Randsberg, Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead, Johnson Valley.

All depends on where you live. Also, you should look into signing up for a local 4x4 club.

Extreme Jeep Enthusiasts Park Here > MyJeepRocks.com

4x4 club:
Login - Channel Islands 4X4

try cleghorn trail its awesome there are easy,moderate and difficult bypasses along the easy fire road trail. 15 north to cleghorn rd. just south of lake silverwood/wrightwood exit. look under jeep forum cleghorn and you will see lots threads pics and videos of the trail. anyways exit right and enter trail about ten mile stretch to end and will come out of the trail right at lake silverwood beatiful views i go at least twice a month

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks