Misc. Off Topic Forum

Misc. Off Topic Forum

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
One of the rules here is no political discussions. I am willing to relax this as long as it does not get out of hand but it would be restricted to members that ask for access to a specific forum. The discussions have to be kept sane.

The reason I am bringing this up is because of what has happened in this thread ( https://jeep-cj.com/community/threads/cherokee-nation-calls-on-jeep-to-stop-using-its-name.65221/ )and has been happening (as well as other things) for a few years.

The majority of us that own CJ's are from a specific time frame and demographic and would know how to have a careful but spirited discussion.

Thoughts?

I say go for it, keep a tight grip on the rope for a bit, and yank it if needed........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I specifically did not comment on that thread because I figured politics would get dragged into it. I would request access but I can get pretty grating in calling out ideological stupidity. Call it the bluntness learned in my military career. I left the book of face and most social media because of the politics and one of the things I love about this forum is the absence of said politics. Everything is not nor should it be political. There was a time when people could debate politics in a civil manner, the internet and social media in particular has destroyed that.

This will, inevitably, become a place where an "arbiter" of truth sets up what can be tolerated and what can't. Those then, that can't be tolerated, will be canceled. Are we not tired of the less informed dictating their will upon us in every aspect of our lives? This is a huge mistake... and no, I don't want access to the cesspool.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks