New upgrades

New upgrades

hole

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ 8, 258 I6, T19, 4-1 Dana 300,4.0 Head, Mopar MPI, 10k winch, OME YJ springs w/3" lift,CS 144 Alt upgrade,Locked 20 & 30, Border Collie co-pilots are stock.
Got the new Smittybilt 10k winch on the other day, was pretty simple to install, took about an hour. Tested it out by pulling the 8 up the driveway,everything seemed to work as it should. Next up is the 21 gal poly tank later this week, just waiting for the new filler and vent hose to come in.

I think you need to do review... :)

I'm interested in that winch when I get my CJ back together. I've heard good things.

about how much do they run. we sell warn at work. but even with me discount its like $650 to $1,000.

The Smittybilt runs about 400, depends where you go. Winch Depot had them for 350 last time I looked. HTH, Will.

CJ, I thought I'd write a review after the winch got a "real" use. I didnt feel comfortable telling everyone it's the greatest winch ever since I havent done more than pull my 8 up the driveway, although it did do it very well:banana:;)

CJ, I thought I'd write a review after the winch got a "real" use. I didnt feel comfortable telling everyone it's the greatest winch ever since I havent done more than pull my 8 up the driveway, although it did do it very well:banana:;)
Great - BTW - one of the cool things about the Jeep-CJ Reviews section is that you can do an initial review then add follow ups or people can ask and leave comments. See how I add one after the Gummout all in one test... Gumout All-In-One Fuel Sytem Cleaner - Jeep-CJ Reviews

I put the same tank in my CJ5 they tall you the stock gauge works but it did not on mine. The shop I bought it from put in an after market guage at no charge.

jarbridge, did you have the correct sending unit I have noticed that they have diffrent resistance values:confused:

Got the new Smittybilt 10k winch on the other day, was pretty simple to install, took about an hour. Tested it out by pulling the 8 up the driveway,everything seemed to work as it should. Next up is the 21 gal poly tank later this week, just waiting for the new filler and vent hose to come in.

Hole I hope you have better luck than I did with my 8k. I worked good for the first few pulls, but started giving me trouble after that. I have maybe a dozen pulls on it and it is now junk.:mad:

No after I installed it it did not read correctly on the stock gauge. The shop I got it from told me it would work since it did not they installed a different one and it is pretty accurate. After I got it home I dropped the tank and with it empty put in 5 gallons and ajusted it to 1/4 tank. I is nice not to have to stop so often for fuel.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks