new to me 1971 renegade II

mstar

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1969 cj5 v6
2004 tj sahara
1971 cj5 renegade II
Just thought I would share our latest Jeep to the family. It is a 1971 CJ5 Renegade II in Baja yellow.Unrestored original paint and graphic.Comes with all the Renegade equip. 4.88 gears .Also Warn O-drive and Ramsey electric winch.Drove it home 60 miles w/out any problems.Iam very excited about this little jeep as I have been looking for this model for a few years.Came up on C/L.
Owner sez came from New Mexico where it was purchased by original owner.

Attachments

• DSC02649.jpg
    DSC02649.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 554
  • DSC02658.jpg
    DSC02658.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC02659.jpg
    DSC02659.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC02655.jpg
    DSC02655.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC02656.jpg
    DSC02656.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 404
Awesome find!!!

Congrats!!!

-Jon

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:notworthy: What a great find and outstanding piece of Jeep history. :chug:
Now, go out and buy a Lotto ticket...........:D
LG

Lumpy, that is just how I felt when I handed the seller the money.This is a dream come true. I was in shock when I saw the pictures on C/L . I guess there are a few out there still. The story I got from seller is the original owner was in new mexico where the jeep was most of its life.Owner died and daughter in Oregon inherited and had it shipped to her.Daughter died and the jeep went to one of her children.I guess they had no interest in it and sold to brother inlaw.That is the person I bought from.It has all the electrical jeep issues temp /fuel/ speedo /etc. Those should be no problem.It does have a rancho spring &shock package and after market front seats. Just going to clean and keep as original as possible.Question for anyone,there is a " 43" hand written in three spots under hood on firewall and radiator/grill thing.Also has a "322" stamped on top of rad. support by hood latch. cheers, mike

Two words: time capsule. That is beautiful . Original paint and decals in amazing shape is so much better than a perfect restore. I've never seen one of those pop up on Craigslist around here. Electrical gremlins aside I'm loving that Renegade over and over. :drool::drool:

WOW nice find I love the color :notworthy:

I have been told that numbers like the '43' you see is a inspectors 'sign-off'.
Don't know if it's true or not.
The '322', I have no idea. :confused:
99% of your jeep electrical issues are from bad grounds(GND). I would run a dedicated GND wire from the dash panel to the battery NEG(-).
Could we trouble you for pictures of the engine bay?
LG

Lumpy, of course you are correct on the wiring.I told the seller the same thing,95% grounding. The boat industry and VW got it right.Dedicated ground circuit to everything that required it. Working in the telecom field with low voltage circuits the ground was the problem a lot of the time.
Thanks for all the positive comments.As I go along I will post pics as requested.Engine bay first thing. Thankyou all, mike

Some photos.BTW does anyone know if the brace behind the bumper is aftermarket or dealer installed with tow bar brackets.

Attachments

• DSC02663.jpg
    DSC02663.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC02665.jpg
    DSC02665.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC02666.jpg
    DSC02666.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC02668.jpg
    DSC02668.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 147
messed up .heres the pic of towbar brace

Attachments

• DSC02674.jpg
    DSC02674.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC02673.jpg
    DSC02673.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 221
Very nice man! It's so clean. Even the engine compartment

Very nice man! It's so clean. Even the engine compartment

Can't take any credit on that.My problem is do I try to clean off light dirt and take a chance on erasing original markings. I'm sure I will just leave it as is.
Just going to do tuneup and replace wear items as needed and that's it. mike

THX for the pictures.:notworthy:
IMO-That TB brace is custom. I made similar for my TB setup.
LG

Can't take any credit on that.My problem is do I try to clean off light dirt and take a chance on erasing original markings. I'm sure I will just leave it as is.

Just going to do tuneup and replace wear items as needed and that's it. mike

That's not a bad way to do it

Congratulations on a nice find, from a previous Ren2 owner.

The frame bumper brackets look dealer installed.

I believe the #421 on mine was factory line info.

DSCN1114.png

DSCN1006.png

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks