new here and need help with model

new here and need help with model

vahunter

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 cj5 304
Hi everyone I recently bought my first jeep 1976 CJ5 or so title says . My question is vin on firewall is accurate for 76 model but inside it has a compartment under pass. seat witch seems to be a older model from what I understand 75 - . Also it has a T-150 trans and the floor cover plate was cut out forward of the original hole so shifter would fit through. Any information would help (just trying to figure out what all I have here because she's a fixer uper ):confused:

The Vin number will tell everything you need to know about how your CJ was built. Google "1976 Jeep CJ5 Vin Number". Body style, engine, transmission ....etc. If your CJ varies from what the Vin. says your CJ is modified. That isn't a bad thing. As far as the body of your CJ is concerned. There was some bleed over from 1975 to 1976. In my opinion the intermediate ('72-'75) body style was the very best of the CJ5's. Personally, I like the passenger side tool box. Unfortunately it can hold water and cause premature rust problems.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks