Interior new gas pedal needed

Interior new gas pedal needed

ColoradoDerek

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'73 CJ5, AMC 360, D30, D20, T150, AMC 20
Hello.

As seen in the picture, I am missing the "pedal" part of my gas pedal. I was looking around on the internet to see about getting a new one and it turns out the pedal that is for a 76 CJ 5 does not appear to be my pedal. I was hoping someone would recognize it or otherwise tell me why they are in fact the same. (I'm going by the connector where it connects to the body and shape of the arm)

There are 4 images, one is obviously not the same as the other 3 and that one is what a 76 cj 5 pedal looks like while the other 3 are my current pedal.

I'm looking for a link to where I can get a new one or how to fix this one if possible and I would prefer not to have to adjust the throttle cable which is why I want to find one with the same connector to the body.
Thank you!

Attachments

• cj5_76_gas_pedal.png
    cj5_76_gas_pedal.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_E4700.JPG
    IMG_E4700.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_E4705.JPG
    IMG_E4705.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_E4706.JPG
    IMG_E4706.JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the reply but that is kind of my issue. All the ones that show up when I do a search like the one you suggested, do not have the same "connectors" to the body that mine has (as seen in the pictures) I'm unsure why its different than a standard 76 cj.

Do I just need to drill new holes or something like that to make the pedal that shows up in your search fit? do you think you can take the pedal apart and just put a new "pedal" part into my current "connector"?

it's just strange. if you look at my pics and what it looks like then compare that to a factory 76 cj gas pedal, they are not the same. yet there are not holes in the metal so this has to be the pedal that came with the jeep. just very strange. something I can't figure out yet.

I gotcha...I see the bracket's different

Think I'd be inclined get one, cut the rod off and put it on your bracket

Piece of smooth rod either peened over or drilled on each end with washers and cotters pins should do the trick

I was going to say the exact same thing as j6824. Buy a pedal off of eBay and use your bracket. I had to do similar with mine years ago too because the PO had left my in similar shape as yours.

Yours like just like my 1984 CJ7 and here's one on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4027210692...1291&msclkid=a816684069d81378241a0926b029d767

When I installed by new engine with EFI, I had to modify the bracket to allow further travel of the pedal because it wouldn't allow the throttle body to fully open before hitting the floor. This one on eBay also appears to have had the top part of the arm cut which is common to allow for an under dash AC unit to be installed.

Could you use this pedal?

Attachments

• 88277731-DE16-4407-A013-FE8F1CC244F9.jpeg
    88277731-DE16-4407-A013-FE8F1CC244F9.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 6437675F-EF66-4192-B2C2-45392F8F585B.jpeg
    6437675F-EF66-4192-B2C2-45392F8F585B.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 11
Could you use this pedal?

I don’t believe that bracket will fit either. I have ordered a “normal” pedal and hopefully I can Frankenstein the new one with my current bracket.

Really wish I knew why this bracket of mine is so different and seemingly unique to this jeep yet it is what came stock on it.

Oh well.

Thanks!!
-Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks