Suspension Need to verify I have Stock Springs

Suspension Need to verify I have Stock Springs

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
Hello again gang it's been a while. I want to replace my leaf springs and I'm 99.99% sure they are stock but I want to be absolutely sure. Is there any way to tell for sure that they are stock? They look just as old as the frame and axles. '79, 4 leafs up front, 258-L6 motor.
Thanks.

I found this picture in another thread and I used the 24 1/4 measurement to the cargo bed. Mine seems to match that. Is there anything else I should check before I buy springs?

1669237245088.png

2.5 inch on the rear springs and 2 inch width on the front.

And where is a good place to buy from? Summit only seems to have one brand of stockers (no Omix or Crown).

Thanks Brother!

How many inches lift does a CJ need before before it needs a trans drop kit and a new driveshaft? Such as, is anything needed with a simple 2 inch lift?

How many inches lift does a CJ need before before it needs a trans drop kit and a new driveshaft? Such as, is anything needed with a simple 2 inch lift?
You can get by with no mods on a two inch lift. Some get longer brake lines but they are not necessary.

That's what I needed to hear!! I think these are going to be my personal Christmas presents. Thanks!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom