Suspension Need to verify I have Stock Springs

Suspension Need to verify I have Stock Springs

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
Hello again gang it's been a while. I want to replace my leaf springs and I'm 99.99% sure they are stock but I want to be absolutely sure. Is there any way to tell for sure that they are stock? They look just as old as the frame and axles. '79, 4 leafs up front, 258-L6 motor.
Thanks.

I found this picture in another thread and I used the 24 1/4 measurement to the cargo bed. Mine seems to match that. Is there anything else I should check before I buy springs?

1669237245088.png

2.5 inch on the rear springs and 2 inch width on the front.

And where is a good place to buy from? Summit only seems to have one brand of stockers (no Omix or Crown).

Thanks Brother!

How many inches lift does a CJ need before before it needs a trans drop kit and a new driveshaft? Such as, is anything needed with a simple 2 inch lift?

How many inches lift does a CJ need before before it needs a trans drop kit and a new driveshaft? Such as, is anything needed with a simple 2 inch lift?
You can get by with no mods on a two inch lift. Some get longer brake lines but they are not necessary.

That's what I needed to hear!! I think these are going to be my personal Christmas presents. Thanks!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks