Need some help, spare KIA sportage stupidity

Need some help, spare KIA sportage stupidity

raser13

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ-5 '83 amc 258 straight six, motorcraft 2100 carb ,inline fuel pump, 1000 cca battery ,T-175 tranny,
Hey guys. I know this really doesn't fit this site. Buuuut, I have an old KIA two door sportage That's been kicking around for a couple years. It's a two wheel drive model.

The motor hasn't ran right since the timing belt broke and was replaced. Then it went through a flood. It's been parked for years. It looks like a minny jeep and us just been begging to have something stupid done to it.

All the KIA forums are no help. They either start with a 4X4 version, or find one. And add the KIA six cylinder. Here in Missouri there aren't either available. This thing has a small engine bay. So not a lot of room to cram much in. I want to build this up as a Really, really cheap mud toy. Nothing is sacred on this thing. So the only detuminug factor is cheapness. I'm looking for really cheap ideas for snall sized power plant, stick shift, four wheel drive, and axles doners.

Any ideas. I'm just looking to slap something together, super cheap, and go out and run the thing till it drops. Help me out this thing out if it's missery with some flare! Thanks for any ideas.

Cant help with anything specific, but I'd head down to a Pick a Part/ wrecking yard with a tape measure and start poking to see what would work size wise.

~~~ The motor hasn't ran right since the timing belt broke and was replaced. ~~~
I would start there. It sounds like the timing is off by a tooth (belt tooth.) Since it runs but correctly it has to be close. I would recheck the belt instillation.
From what I have found the engine is a non interference type where if the belt brakes the valves will not contact the pistons, no bent valves (I hope!) If they are bent the the head has to be pulled. Easiest way to start is run a compression check.
Get it running correctly again and the dollar returns should help wit any sale.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks