Suspension Need 35 inch wheel/tire recommendations (backspace, offset, etc).

Suspension Need 35 inch wheel/tire recommendations (backspace, offset, etc).

Kens1979cj5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘79 CJ5, 360, T150, D20, D30, AMC20
Need 35 inch wheel/tire recommendations (backspace, offset, etc). 1979 CJ5 narrow track. SOA, YJ springs. Would like to add some width and be able to air down some if needed.

I am running 35" tires. I have Ultra Motorsport "Nomad" wheels in 15x10 size. These are discontinued, but the specs are -44 offset and 3.75 of backspacing. No wheel spacers are anything. My tires are Mastercraft "Courser" 35x12.5. I do a lot of highway driving and wanted an MT rated tire that wouldn't be so loud like many are. These Coursers are MTs but don't whine at me on the freeway and do fine on trails when hunting/camping. I'm running a 4" suspension lift and have wider fender flares to mostly cover them. Same tires and flares on the trailer as well.

Of course I have an '84, so wider axles than your '79 with the narrow track. On my prior '77 CJ5, I used 2" wheel spacers to give me the 4" overall extra width and stock flares. Never had any issue with them at all.

Tire_Wheel.jpg tire_tread.jpg tire_showing.jpg tire_showing_2.jpg Flares.jpg 1977_CJ5.jpg

I am running 35" tires. I have Ultra Motorsport "Nomad" wheels in 15x10 size. These are discontinued, but the specs are -44 offset and 3.75 of backspacing. No wheel spacers are anything. My tires are Mastercraft "Courser" 35x12.5. I do a lot of highway driving and wanted an MT rated tire that wouldn't be so loud like many are. These Coursers are MTs but don't whine at me on the freeway and do fine on trails when hunting/camping. I'm running a 4" suspension lift and have wider fender flares to mostly cover them. Same tires and flares on the trailer as well.

Of course I have an '84, so wider axles than your '79 with the narrow track. On my prior '77 CJ5, I used 2" wheel spacers to give me the 4" overall extra width and stock flares. Never had any issue with them at all.

View attachment 75808 View attachment 75809 View attachment 75810 View attachment 75811 View attachment 75812 View attachment 75813
Thanks! Good looking ride.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks