My New Tires - Love them!

My New Tires - Love them!

JR74CJ5

Missing-Presumed Wheeling
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5 ~ Fresh built AMC 360 - SM420 - D20 - D30F with upgraded 30 spline shafts and knuckles & D44R - 4.27 Gears - ARB Lockers F/R - All chrome molly axles - on 33's - YJ 4" Lift Spring Conversion
So before my last trip to the Rubicon, I bought a new set of tires. BFG Mud-terrain KM2's.

These tires are awesome compared to any I have ever run.

The road noise is minimal compared to the aggressivness of the tread, and the ability to air down to 10lbs (with 8" wide wheels and 12.5" tires) and still sit nicley until coming to a rock or ledge where conforming is necessary, should help the life of the sidewalls and tire tread.

I'm a believer so far!

Size: 33" x 12-1/2" x 15" on 8" x 15" rims.

And they look pretty sweet on my ride! :cool:

DSC00842.jpg

~ JR

Good to know, thanks for the review. I've always liked their predecessor, the mud terrains, but they quit making them and started making the km2's. The pattern never impressed me but I had no first or even second hand experience.

read a lot of reviews first, and couldn't find but one or two bad ones (and they sounded in my head like :censored:s... lol not sure why...

But My Uncle and I both bought a set, and we were extremly happy with them. We went up rock ledges with water running off them where the wheel has to go, and did not spin the tire. It gripped nice!

Just be carefull with them, I've seen 3 have sidewall puncture's.

Just be carefull with them, I've seen 3 have sidewall puncture's.

AND Boom! There goes my good mood! :D

Really Old Dog? What from? Sharp rocks? bouncing? etc... Want to know what not to do... lol

AND Boom! There goes my good mood! :D

Really Old Dog? What from? Sharp rocks? bouncing? etc... Want to know what not to do... lol

Sorry didn't mean to be a bummer.
We run a lot of rocky creekbeds around here, I guess there are some sharp rocks hideing there. Just seen a brand new D.C. mud country cut a sidewall a couple weeks ago.
My MTZ's have a few sidewall cuts and scrapes but luckly none of them have cut all the way through yet.

We have the most tire problems in places like this.
IMG_2159_750x562.png

I was just messing with ya bud ;). Altough id cry if i ripped a hole in the sidewall within the next year... Lol

JR those treads rock!!

Right now I have enough tires to last me the rest of the year. When it is time again it will be a choice between those and the Swamper LTB. Those will have the edge because of road manners but the LTB tread is THE most agressive tread design I have ever seen, they are almost scary, like it you did get them stuck you would have to pry them loose like a nail.

We will be looking forward to you using and abusing these to see how they do hold up.

I respect and appreciate the Dogs opinion but will say that short of tank treads you are going to cut a tire in some terrain. :cool: We shall see.

JR those treads rock!!
but will say that short of tank treads you are going to cut a tire in some terrain. :cool: We shall see.

I totally agree with you, all you have to do is hit that sharp rock right and any tire is done.:eek:
The people that I know running the BFG Km2's are happy with the traction and road maners they are getting.:)

look nice!!....i totally need to dump my 10" wheels for 8s....was thinking of these but also love the LTB.

look nice!!....i totally need to dump my 10" wheels for 8s....was thinking of these but also love the LTB.

Yes get rid of those 10's ad you'll be a lot better for airing down and less rock rash!

these rims i got a smoking deal on, they are no where near top of the line, but i really like them!

If they are round and consistently go in the right /same direction and they seem to be strong enough to handle the games we play why would you not call then "top or the line"??:cool:

Yes get rid of those 10's ad you'll be a lot better for airing down and less rock rash!

these rims i got a smoking deal on, they are no where near top of the line, but i really like them!

Night and day difference between the BFG & the LTB. LTB will wear fast and ride poorly on road.

ive had KM2s on the cj for about 9 months now and ive run her on the road with no weaving (well cj weaving) or any hard thumps after sitting in the cold. pretty quiet on the road too

I am another one who is familiar with BFG sidewall punctures. I am not familiar with the KM2s and am curious if they have a heavier sidewall. The only tire I have seen that has a good heavy duty sidewall are the Super Swampers which are quite heavy and expensive. The last Grand Cherokee I owned had plugs in all five tires and they were BFGs also, but after a sidewall puncture, that tire had to go.

I run them in 32" and really like them. Several 100 miles in the desert with no issues.:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom