My garage build start. Winter project.

My garage build start. Winter project.

Kane

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-8 Restomod Scout axles 4 wheel disks, 258, ax15, D300.
Ahhh, finally I get to start building my new garage. Since I moved into my new house last October I haven’t had much of a chance to work on it mainly because it was full of :dung: from the move in. I finally got it cleared out enough to start on the construction. First step is to get the walls insulated and then hang the drywall. I won’t be able to tape or paint until spring though unless I want to run a heater in there full time which I haven’t got that set up yet. We’ll see if I feel like doing that or not. Right now I am concerned with just the drywall so I can get everything else in place. I have some cool Jeep and motorcycle style painting I want to do on the walls though so it will look very cool when I am done.
This garage is much better than my last 20x20 set up I had. This one is 24x24 with 9 foot ceilings and it has a pull down staircase for the attic so I can store all the :dung: up there. Plus the chimney is on the left wall which will be good for me putting an exhaust in for my propane heater.

So far these are my plans which will change 100 times I am sure:
  • Finish dry wall and insulation.
  • Shelves are done.
  • Install my air compressor in the attic and then install the air hose real on the ceiling.
  • Install electric cord real on ceiling
  • Install my fluorescent lamps throughout the ceiling.
  • Install propane heater.
  • Get the 220 volt line run into the garage for the welder.
  • Tape then paint walls and ceiling.
  • New garage doors and opener because the current ones suck. The door for my Jeep I plan on getting a taller 8 foot door and the shaft mounted opener. I am sick of scraping the door with my top when I drive in.
  • Build a small storage rack for the metal for fabrication projects.
So far those are the plan. Here is the beginning of the progress from last night.

Garageredo1-6-102.png

Garageredo1-6-103.png

Garageredo1-6-104.png

Garageredo1-6-105.png

And my killer Jeep thrown in for good measure.
DSC00926.png

DSC00925.png

When you say Jeep painting, are you painting it or do yo uahve them already? If you are an artist and can paint Jeeps.... I got a whole wall for ya!

cb

When you say Jeep painting, are you painting it or do yo uahve them already? If you are an artist and can paint Jeeps.... I got a whole wall for ya!

cb

Actually I mean that I want to paint one wall OD green and paint the Jeep logo on it with an army star. I also am an Italian bike owner to which I have 2 Aprilias so I want to paint that Logo on the other wall.

I finished my garage last year and my goal was to have actual width actual tire marks painted on the walll like it was climbing across it... then we had a baby and since then... no painting and no garage time!

It is getting better though, she is 4+ months old now and that is helping a lot... not as much waking up at night... not as frequent feedings... it is gettins somewhat easier and maybe one of these days I will get out in the garage and do that!

cb

My daughter is 11 months old so I get it. I usually go in the garage after she goes to bed at 7:30. New babies take all your time away from everything else but work. We did a move into a new house on top of watching her every day. The move was a challenge but worth it for the bigger house.

I finished my garage last year and my goal was to have actual width actual tire marks painted on the walll like it was climbing across it... then we had a baby and since then... no painting and no garage time!

It is getting better though, she is 4+ months old now and that is helping a lot... not as much waking up at night... not as frequent feedings... it is gettins somewhat easier and maybe one of these days I will get out in the garage and do that!

cb

I had a buddy who took some old super swampers and put paint on a sheet of plastic rolled the tire through and across the board before nailing the board to the wall.
Another option if it's already on the wall would be to take a section of old tire and use it like a stamp and just stamp paint tire marks going up the wall.

You could also use tracing paper and wrap it around part of the tire tread then trace the pattern, cut out the pattern, transfer it to some oaktag or art paper and then cut out that pattern. That will give you a stencil for using a spray can or roll on black paint.

good looking shop, every guy needs a cave.
The only part of the list I will remark about is the door, if you go with a "torque spring " door. do be careful and do your home work if you are unfamiliar with them, they can damage parts of your body beyond repair.
My daughter turned 25 last week, don't bling gentlemen, you will miss something if you do.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks