Lost my best buddy

Lost my best buddy

Old Dog

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7 350 tbi, TH350, D300 twin sticked & clocked, narrowed Chief D44 Eaton Elocker & Moser shafts, Explorer 8.8 Detroit locker, 410's, RE 4.5" spring lift 1" body lift, 35" Claws, cage tied to frame, Corbeau baja seats, HD tie rod and draglink, u-bolts flipped, custom skid plate and sliders, Warn 9.5ti winch with Amsteel synthetic line
Our 14 year old Lab passed Friday night.
He's been my best buddy and hunting partner for so long now, it just doesn't seem right without him here.
On a good note he passed in his sleep and didn't seem to be in any pain.
So far this year has really sucked.

Sorry to hear that , you know I went through the same recently. Losing them especially after that long is tough. It takes awhile but it helped when I just tried to think of the good memories. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My 14 year old is having a real hard time she can't see anymore and she is having a real hard time with her rear legs so I may need to put her down which is going to be real hard. I wish she would just pass in her sleep so I don't have to watch her die.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Paul.

Been there multiple times. Never a good day. But as you said, he went on his own. Always preferable to having to make the decision for them. That really sucks.

Dain

Hope Im not out of line and if I am just ask and I'll remove this post. This is a great pic of your dog. You can see alot of good things there just by that shot. Loyal , obedient and mature. Just a great pic that I myself have become accustomed to.

We were lucky to have them. And they had good long lives surrounded by people that loved them. We should all go that easy.:(

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My 14 year old is having a real hard time see can't see anymore and she is having a real hard time with her rear legs so I may need to put her down whitch is going to be real hard. I wish she would just pass in her sleep so I don't have to watch her die.

I know what you mean, he had been having a hard time walking and breathing for the last year. I was really afraid we were going to have to have him put down one of these days. We have had to get the last 3 dogs put down and that's really hard to do. I'm glad he went on his own the way he did. It was not expected though as he didn't seem to he doing that bad.
Our other 3 dogs don't seem to quite know what to do without him being here. Going to be interesting to see who becomes the alpha now.

Hope Im not out of line and if I am just ask and I'll remove this post. This is a great pic of your dog. You can see alot of good things there just by that shot. Loyal , obedient and mature. Just a great pic that I myself have become accustomed to.

Not out of line at all Pete.
I have had multiple dogs all my life (got a fast count of at least 20) and a lot of them didn't get to live a full life for many different reasons.
Rebel ranks in the top 3 for sure. He will be missed for a long time.

Sucks to lose a loved one, dogs are just another family member around my house. Sorry for your loss

Sorry Old Dog, those four legged buddies do become part of your family,for sure.

Sorry to hear about your lab Old dog. That has to be tough after 14 years. A few weeks ago we had to put down Magness, our family's St. Barnard. He had been passed around the family in his ten years and even the Vet cried.

Sorry for your loss Old Dog. Been there done that, never easy.

Sorry to hear it Old Dog, not easy at all.

Sorry for your loss, no easy way to deal with it. My last Dane I had to put down and she passed in my arms at the house on her favorite bed, super difficult time for us.

Time heals is about all I can say.

Troy Cantrell
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Build thread - '66 CJ 6:
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15075

Our 14 year old Lab passed Friday night.
He's been my best buddy and hunting partner for so long now, it just doesn't seem right without him here.
On a good note he passed in his sleep and didn't seem to be in any pain.
So far this year has really sucked.
:)
Sorry to hear that Paul........ R.I.P. your friend....

Know what your going through........Had two Blacks in my life at different times both lived good life's, One was a papered purebred Hunter..........hunted ducks, geese , quail , doves and just about anything that he did not mind getting in his mouth.

After a few years we thought we would do it again and bought another Male from a Guide dog breeder............talk about 180 degrees apart.

No Hound now , Just could not do it a third time!

Take Care!

:D:D:D:D

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are having a rough go of things recently. These guys become part of our family and make up for the shortcomings we humans are so good at. I am glad to hear he was sleeping.

We lost a very special horse a few summers ago - and had to put him down while we were on vacation up at the cabin in N WI. It was just horrible. We still miss him. Take Care. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Jo Ellen

Sorry for your loss.

Tuff stuff! I had a chocolate lab for 16 yrs. Me and that old man had some great times. Sorry for loss and may his memory forever be with you.

Too bad we can't genetically engineer our pets to live as long as us. Hopefully someday, because it's so heartbreaking to lose them.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks