Lost My Baby

Lost My Baby
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86 cj7 4.2l i6 4speed trans
I lost My baby this weekend... a woman came into my lane while i was doing 45 and we hit head on. no severe injuries to any of the people in either car but she killed my baby (86 CJ7) I had just put 1k in tires just sprayed a liner in the interior, and sent out for a custom dash. We hit so hard that my driveshaft flew out and it actually bent my leafsprings the frame is completely buckled on both rails and the passenger side has 3 seperate bends in it. and my bellhousing is shattered

Attachments

• IMG_20120610_144648.jpg
    IMG_20120610_144648.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20120610_144659.jpg
    IMG_20120610_144659.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20120610_144753.jpg
    IMG_20120610_144753.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 247
oh man, that really sucks.

I'm really sorry that happened. Just hang in there, we're here for support.:(

I'm glad your still on this side of the grass.

Take the insurance money and put a contract out on the broad that hit you.:mad:

3 point seat belts for the win. Man if you only had lap belts like in the older Jeeps this story would have been different. Glad you guys are unscathed.

that sux bro....poor little CJ....that is one thing i fear is getting hit in my cj cause you now they'll probably total it...glad to hear your ok.

Been there done that. Dude you can get another cj........ But you can't do anything 6 ft under. I thank god that your ok, as for your jeep I'm very sorry for your loss. Like I said been there done that.

That sucks man! Glad you are ok. Insurance will prob total but then just buy it back. Would be a nice platform to build from as a parts jeep I would think, especially since it was a complete driver. The tires would be worth it alone, plus the trans and motor.

s0719.gifs0717.gif

Ouch for the CJ carnage!

Definitely glad you're well though bud!

As others have said, hopefully you can get enough out of them (insurance) for a good start on the re-build.

CJ's hold their value surprisingly well. That old girl was probably valued around 6-8k if you have the right people help you do it.

We valued my Uncles up to around 5k without a problem, actually we were trying for less to keep the lawyers from wanting it... long story.

You may be surprised what you can value the old girl at, and force settlement payments for a new body, suspension and TDK frame :D

Then it's just a lot of blood sweat and tears to get her back on the road again...

:chug:

~ JR

Attachments

• s0719.gif
    s0719.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 0
Bummer :(
At least your ok. I hope the cj totaled her car.

Whew man that sux, its good your alive. The jeep is rebuild able you aren't

Bummer dude. That sucks big time.:( Jeep are tough though. My son rolled a yukon on to its top a few weeks ago while driving his 98 Cherokee he had owned for about 4 weeks. T-boned it when it tried to cross in front of him. Everyone walked away.:)

Thanks for all the well wishes, I got a call from insurance and they are going to give me 6900 for it so they are treating me pretty good. so now the hunt for a new baby begins:D

any idea of what your gonna be on the look out for?

im kind of torn on what i want to get... I love the over all look of the CJ and you cant beat how simplistic the interior looks in them either. but I'm thinking of a rock crawler / zombie apocalypse type with tube fender flares 4-6" lift 33" tires and full roll cage so for that i kind of like the YJ and TJ's but i dont like dash on them.

Sorry to hear that but glad all are well. One less CJ on the road :(...You did pretty good for being fairly basic and no hard top or doors though:)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks