Looking for advice on starting a 4x4 club.

Looking for advice on starting a 4x4 club.

Greenwithenvy

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79' CJ7, 401 AMC, T18, D20, D44, D44.
Hope this is the right spot to start this thread? We have a good car club in Wenatchee, WA. but no 4x4 club. Can any of you give me some pointers on starting a club? Have any of you personally done this before? I'm thinking about running an add in the local "nickel adds" and see if I get any response. Thank you for any help with this! Vance.

If you have been a reader of JP, Four wheeler and Peterson's Four wheel and off Road, for a number of years you may remember Willie Worthy and his tech. articles? Well I talked with both him and his wife today about some help and pointers on starting a 4x4 club in my area. They sure are great people and have invested many years in the 4x4 community and passing on their knowledge to the rest of us 4x4 enthusiast!

I started a amateur radio club once. The advantage I had was the FCC database to look up all of the hams in my area. I then sent out post cards to them.

I think the main idea would be the same though. To be successful you need to offer something that would make a person want to join. Saying you just want to get together probably wouldn't do it. I think maybe some planned events or trail rides with set dates would be a good start. Have as many details taking care of ahead of time. That way people only have to show up. If possible putting some money into it for some hats or T-shirts would help, but could also be a bomb if no one shows up. Maybe get a sponsor for that.

Build it and they will come...............

If there is a state 4WD association. Maybe contacting them could help.
LG

Re: Looking for advice on starting a 4x4 club

Thank you Peanut Butter, Posi and Lumpy Grits. No one else here in my area knows about the club Posi, showed for Wenatchee. I will have to see if it still is going or not. Thank's for the thoughts and Info.!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks