Looking for a seat

Looking for a seat

WolfSpring

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
59 Willys CJ5 302 V8 C4 Transmision Automatic with Warn overdrive D44 Rear D25 Front Saginaw Steering 32s with a lift
I saw a CJ the other day with a newer looking front seat it looked like a driver and passenger seat with a middle jump style seat. I also saw another Jeep, believe is was a YJ with a solid bench seat that would fit three, with two headrests. Right now I have the back seat of an old blazer but am looking for something with headrests, if it is possible. Only down side is I've got the fuel tank under the drivers seat. The PO just put a peice of metal, maybe from the blazer and bolted it accross the whole front of the seat area and then bolted the bench seat to it.

Any suggestions that will work in a 59 CJ5 would be greatly appreciated.

looks like research....:chug:
BTW what is geocaching?

geocaching.com you take a GPS and go to locations from the website and find "cahes" some are as small as a thimble with a piece of paper you sign off on and some have "treasures" usually nick nacks to trade out with. Some are in parking lots of starbucks under a light pole, or magnetic to a fire hydrant, some require a good hike into the woods and some puzzle solving skills to find. It's a great time with the kids.

And I am researching, i can find the seat covers for the seats I want, but every site that has them from google is a dead site or they arn't there.

Something like this, but this is a dead site.

ck-spc249.jpg

It's a hobby were people hide something out on public land and give out coordinates for others to find it with a GPS. Geocaching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why do you ask?[/QUOTE]

just haven't heard of it before. sheltered life i guess :D

just haven't heard of it before. sheltered life i guess :D
I didn't even hear it mentioned in this thread until you asked. It would be a fun hobby with a jeep.

Okay, back to the seat.
I have searched but I haven't found a seat like you are asking.
ck-spc249.jpg

I have seen the above seats for pickups but there's not much room in a CJ. I have a center console that is barely 12 inches wide. Not sure how you would get in in the Jeep.

I've found some info on the 60/40 seats but that's not much better than what I've got, found this, but it's a YJ, which I'm pretty sure with my tank it'd be too high. I'll go to the 4wheelparts store and ask if they know the guy who drives the one I've seen parked there before, I"m pretty sure it's a CJ

attachment.jpg

Jeep 3 person front bench - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board <-- Link to thead picture is from.

I know what your up against, my 3b has a very similar seating setup as your Willy's has/had. Mine had poorly installed early CJ5 seats and frames in it and I had to search for quite a while to find restorable original 3b seats/frames to go with my restoration.
Thinking restoration is not in your thought process you should be able to make some frames that will accept many diff seats but it will take some enginuity and metal working skills, you also want your passenger seat to fold forward as original to access your tool box?

At this point in time my main concern is a fun off roading vehicle for a family of five, it works right now, but I'd like headboards on the front seats. If that ranger seat will fit I've got a metal guy who can help so it's worth finding out for me. as far as the access panel I think I'm going to make a "BII RACK" to fit on the back with the tire/Jack so I won't really need that, the lid is pretty beat up with a 4 inch hole in it anyways. Restoral is not in my main list of concerns right now, that would be nice, but probably cost just as much that and this thing is so frankensteined right now I'll just roll with what I got. My buddy suggested I sell it and save all the costs and buy something I want, but most of the fun is doing all this stuff.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks