Light bar install

Light bar install

chargermop

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ-7 304, t400, quadratrac, dana30/amc20
So I pick up a light bar off Craigs list that I want to clean up and install. I. have two questions how close can the bar be to the hard top meaning how far up does the top need to raise to remove it. The lower the better for me because my carport is 84" and the jeep is 73 1\2 if I leave about 1 1/2" clearance bar to roof it would leave me 8" plus 1" to spare. My second question when I bolt it to the windshield frame do I just use self tapping bolts?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Can you be more specific on the tyoe of light bar? Maybe even a picture. When you say kight bar, first thing that pops into my mind is revolving red and blue lights, but maybe you mean big bright spot lights. Rod

I can't comment as to the clearance question, but on the screws for my light brackets I used slotted pan head self tapping screws. I recommend using some RTV silicone in a circle around the screw holes to keep water and rust at bay. This worked on mine for and the pic is after 16 years.
img1490ii.jpg

Here is the bar

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the picture, now I know exactly what you are talking about. You should be ok with the position you want to install it in. My hard top will slide straight back off of the tub. If I have to lift the front edge, it is very little. Maybe 1/2 inch. Of course you can always modify it and hing it at the base to fold forward. Good Luck. Rod

Now that I see your pic, I would think you'd need about an inch. The front edge sits down over the ws. frame about 1/4" and then the inside lip along the top edge is about 3/4" tall. So 1"-1 1/8" should clear things.

Can you be more specific on the tyoe of light bar? Maybe even a picture. When you say kight bar, first thing that pops into my mind is revolving red and blue lights, but maybe you mean big bright spot lights. Rod

Now here is a lightbar!

Well I got the light bar installed and I think it turned out well
py9equ9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well I got the light bar installed and I think it turned out well
py9equ9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

well I just saw this post but I was gonna say as long as the top clears the bar upon removal is as close as you can get to it. :D Looks good :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom