Suspension Lift kit recommendations

That kit is for a 2012 - 2015 Jeep, yet you show a CJ7. I prefer Old Man Emu but there are many good kits. :chug:
what he said. i would also recommend OME and spend the money for the YJ spring conversion you wont regret it

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

X3 on the OME YJ conversion...If done right you'll spend about the same amount of money in the end as the mopar kit (which as someone already pointed out isn't for a CJ). Personally, I'd suggest changing all the spring hangars out to something heavy duty (not the fixed end of course). You'll have to change the front anyway with the YJ conversion so might as well do the rear while you're there.

The OME is a good choice. My truck has this lift kit that I got from 4wheelonline years ago. Right now, I'm in the process of doing the OME conversion on my CJ so no pics yet.

I have the Rough Country 67530 kit on my CJ7. Included everything (springs, bushings, shocks, drop pitman arm, longer sway bar links, transfer case lowering kit, all hardware) and it comes with a lifetime warranty. A third the cost of the kit you kinked at only $500. Of course not really an apples-to-apples comparison since this is for a CJ and you linked something different with other components in it. I agree with others on the YJ spring conversion, but I didn't want to go that far since I don't do any rock or mud play with mine. Street, deer woods and camping is where my CJ plays. Nothing too wild.

One lift kit that hasn't been mentioned is BDS, I'm kind of biased as I have their 4" lift but they also make a 2.5" kit. Like most of the other kits comes complete with shocks, springs, bushings, u-bolts, wedges for camber adjust and a dropped pitman arm. I think it's worth a look if your still shopping for a lift kit.

Actually I mean this tread but, yeah that list is a bit subjective. A couple of those listed I wouldn't have in my top 5.

If you haven't found one, feel free to check out this list:

https://lilysarahgrace.org/best-lift-kit-for-jeep-cj7/

Actually I mean this tread but, yeah that list is a bit subjective. A couple of those listed I wouldn't have in my top 5.
I feel like that list was made to get clicks and increase sales on those brands or someone trying to write a list for cash on the internet. No one in the Jeep world with experience would have those as top 5, unless it was a top 5 budget lifts or some such. Rough Country is listed as #1, and Rugged Ridge as #2...

...if you actually read the print it's pretty funny, "If we want to explain in one line, the answer is the best lift kit for Jeep CJ7 is Rough Country." ...and then there's this gem, "Also, it allows you to replace the tires with bigger ones. In the end, Rough Country 2.5″ gives your vehicle an identity that distinguishes it from other vehicles in your neighborhood, thereby making it stand out whenever you drive around." ROFL...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks