Suspension Lift kit for 33x15.50x15

Suspension Lift kit for 33x15.50x15

407-loco

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 cj7
New to owning a jeep not new to 4x4s. I want to put 33x15.50 x15 tires on my 1978 CJ6 what size lift kit will I need

Thanks I'll look into it. I had a buddy that had a CJ7 with 33x13.50x15 on his at are hunting camp years back and I always like his set up jeep didn't seem to high to me seemed almost stock height. I ran across some 33x15.50x15 and thought these would really keep this jeep on top of the mud just wasn't sure how high I'd have to go to clear them

I had a 4" Superlift with 33x14.50x15 on MT wheels. Watch your backspacing at full lock mine would rub the leaf spring a little.
With that kinda meat make sure your brakes are in working order, also look at a frame re-enforcement kit for the steering box, you don't want flex and or frame cracks.
Something like this: https://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_050X_PG.htm
My jeep was full of upgrades, mostly from the junkyard, so it's not expensive if you do your homework.

33298020002_original.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice not sure how much road driving it will get mostly be in the woods and on the farm

I'm running the Rough Country 4" lift kit (springs, shocks, drop pitman arm, longer sway bar connects, and transfer case drop) with 35x12x15 tires. So not quite as wide as you're planning. I have no rubbing issues at full lock either direction. I also see you mentioned you have a CJ6, so you have a slightly longer wheelbase. For me, I wanted the transfer case drop to keep the rear drive shaft angle better. Could've used shims on the spring perches or other options, but this was easy and in the kit.

Jeep_And_Trailer_Side_View_2.jpg

Dang did say CJ6 that was a typographical error it's a CJ7
With a 3" lift, probably no big issue with drive shaft angle. With a 4", or longer engine/tranny/transfer case combo, better watch that. As mentioned, I have a 4" lift, plus a SBC with 700R4, Novak adaptor and D300. So my driveline is a bit longer and my rear drive shaft is only about 20 inches long. Angle was a real concern for me. The drop kit for the transfer case (spacers that lower the skid plate from the frame) did the trick. I can do 80MPH on the freeway with little to no vibration. This also alleviated any issue with the front shaft hitting the tranny pan (common issue with the 700R4 in CJ's).

New to owning a jeep not new to 4x4s. I want to put 33x15.50 x15 tires on my 1978 CJ6 what size lift kit will I need
did a 2" lift with new leaf springs for 33's, too lazy to look up what i bought unless you need it. you will have to lower the transmission skid plate about an inch to eliminate driveshaft vibration.

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 6
Thinks for the info guys got an idea of what I need to do to fit those tires. Thinking about smaller wider tires now didn't need the height as much as width.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom