Lets talk trail trailers!

Lets talk trail trailers!
Beleive me, I want to work on a trailer in the worst way...thats why we are going to put up some kind of better shop-type shelter and get it wired for 220 while I am home this time...then I'll start buying some steel...

Im sure your probably into it for the same reason as me. If you wanna camp for a weekend and are in a CJ5 where the heck do you put all your gear? God forbid bring the wife and or a kid or 2. Since our kids are from our previous marriges I can get away with a day trip with my 2 girls or with Vicki and the boy ,but we'll never all wheel together till the scrambler is built. And anything that involves camping will still require a trailer. Anyway I like your design and look forward to the build thread. ;)

yea right now we bring the Durango (lots of fuel) or my Ranger (not as fun to drive as the others). Plus driving 2 rigs just sucks. takes time away from family, which is what the camping is supposed to be for...
I want to get a trailer built just for that, Ok and and the 'kewl' factor...:)

Heard uttered by My little CJ5 "You had trouble with that obstacle? Wtf I did that with a trailer on" :D Ok the kewl factor also.
I want to get a trailer built just for that, Ok and and the 'kewl' factor...:)

Those are looking Good! I like the Scrambler ones, but I would have trouble cutting one up just for that.
As for mine, its still on hold...A new garage has gone up and we started work on the CJ7 for my bride, so my stuff has gone on hold. And it looks like I will be traveling for work all summer! At least I will be able to collect lots of parts and outfit the new garage with the extra income, so its all good!

At least two of those are Aqualu beds & tailgates

Pricey but soooo coool!:drool:014.jpg

dscn3295.jpg

dscn3306.jpg

dscn3305.jpg

dscn3294.jpg

Hmm never noticed them before. those are really nice!

AHhhhh, the possibilities.:rolleyes:

If I ever was to make one Id atleast use a shot CJ7 and lenghten that instead. How many Cj-7s did they make 1,000,000 :rolleyes:

That's a XUT. Xtream utility trailer, you have covered storage in the front & open in rear for taller items. Or pop the top for a totally open trailer. A full length hard or soft top for fully covered storage. As for the tongue weight well that's another issue. But then it was'nt my idea just a pic on the web I thought was interesting.:D

Check out a canadian M101 perfect for a jeep trailer, it is based off 2 US trailers and uses the better features of the 2. They usually run around $1k. They are 1/4T trailers, been researching them thought I'd pass along the info.

M101.png

I run 2 different jeep trailers
the big one is one of those tent trailers with a offroad suspension built by Jayco
CHANBLADE_3776702_2.jpg

we pull that with the Rubicon, behind the CJ I have a trailer I built off the frame of our old popup. I took the body off and put a 7x4 x2fot high box, divided into 4 compartments and painted it. I can put a weeks worth of camping supplies along with 15 gallons of water and all the trimmings so I can go desert exploring for a week at a time.
TRAILERS MAKE jEEPING FUN. Set up camp, unhook the trailer and go off exploring, come back and all that you do not want to haul around is there

Thought I'd drag this thread up because I found this trailer on craigslist

3k03p33la5T15P65R89b3b3497449d0e4179a.jpg

Willys Jeep Trailer = Military

If I didn't have so many other projects going on right now it would be a great winter project for behind the CJ.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks