Lets talk trail trailers!

Lets talk trail trailers!
Man why are all the good deals so far away...I seem to live in the middle of no deals, USA!

Good find!

It does look kinda familiar...If you figure out where it came from, let us know, OK?

Are you going to take this off road or just drag it to the trail head??

So I stumbled across this...

How has it gone? Get er done yet??? :D:D:D

:chug:
~ JR

I've built 3 trailers since this was posted, but none of them fit this design so far...

Ive got parts off a YJ and a CJ that I want to make a trailer out of one of these days, but my new job literally takes all of my time...

this is the only one I have pics of.
5x8 with a little HF winch and a tool box on it. I still haven't finished it, and it was the first one I started lol. Been a good little trailer for what I need, tho.
d6224318.jpg

522c2466.jpg
The others went out too fast and I never took pics of them, but they were the same basic design.

This is the tub that I need to get built into a trailer. Got a bunch of parts for it stashed away on the racks, but I can't seem to get the time to even look at it anymore.
8e389429.jpg

I got a M416 military trailer to tow behind my jeep . Have'nt got to use it yet for camping and wheeling . Here's a link to what I found out on what people have done for their trailers Trailer Tech .. Here are a few picture's of mine done and ready to go when I get my cracked frame welded up ..

Attachments

• DSC_0065 (2).jpg
    DSC_0065 (2).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 277
  • DSC_0070 (2) copy.jpg
    DSC_0070 (2) copy.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 205
I would like to throw out a couple questions/idea/suggestion/ what ever you want to call it.
TORSION BAR AXLES hatem,likem,to expensive,don't look jeep'ish
what I have found on my boat trailer and cargo trailer is they ride very smooth are easy to mount,can index the torsion bar for different ride height,available in many widths, price is considerably higher than spring& shackle setup. So what do you think.

mike:D

I've never considered a torsion bar axle in an offroad trailer. So I can't say if I like them or not.
First thought is...They don't look "jeep-ish" LOL

All of these have 15 gal water tanks underneath, RV type water pump, hose, sprayer, battery, etc.
The beige trailer has more stuff including a fuel tank underneath.
All go offroad on a regular basis (when we can).
For the CJs, the spare tire for the Jeep fits the trailers.
Storage boxes haul misc junk as well as hide the battery.
Fiberglass caps keep the weather out; the trailer with the Wrangler as metal top, with lids that open on either side; all are removable if so desired.

Picture090_zpsaeefdaeb.jpg

Picture070_zps3b37a74f.jpg

Picture063_zpsc260d3de.jpg

Picture059_zpsc4837bdd.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks