Misc. Lets see you cell phone mounts!!

Misc. Lets see you cell phone mounts!!

totalpackage

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 and 79 CJ 5, (sold) , 83 CJ 7 Laredo current
I have not searched much but have seen the cup holder devices, what have you found or created for your CJ? Lets see some pics!😄

Here's an option if you don't mind putting a hole in your windshield frame. Of course there are plenty of mounts to clamp to a roll bar too (if you have a windshield bar or a-pillar bars up front rather than putting it behind you).

holder_1.jpg rollbar_mount.jpg rollbar_mount_2.jpg

I have a dual battery setup where I ran power from the secondary battery to my center console. There I have a 12V socket and two USB plugs (along with the inverter) that all run off that secondary battery. So my phone sits in the console or one of the cup holders so I can plug it into one of the USB ports. I also have a second volt gauge in that console so I can monitor the voltage of the secondary battery. Made this console from some scrap 1/8" plate and vinyl upholstery from the back of a car seat at the salvage yard. It locks to keep my pistol safe at work since I can't carry in the office.

20200528_104900.jpg Console_Front.jpg Console-3.jpg 9789.jpeg

Great post. Mine puts the phone in a good location and uses a suction cup attached to the windshield but keeps falling off. Thinking of a permanent attachment similar to the rear view mirror.

Another option if you don't mind holes in your dash pad. And how hard would it be to modify one of these cup holders that uses your windshield bracket bolts?

mount_3.jpg mount_4.jpg

If you have the front windshield hoop like I"ve got, this would work.

mount_5.jpg

And I understand you can get 100 of these cheap mounts for about $1.99 at any dollar store. And they fit any size phone too. You do have to have visors though.

holder_6.jpg

I used 3 spare parts I had laying around:

2 Cabinet brackets attached to the dash.

Cabinet bracket.jpg

Then a spare gopro mounting arm:

3-way-pivot-800x800.jpg

Then I used a cheapy $20 bicycle phone holder to attach to the arm.

282800522A-1.jpg

Here's an option if you don't mind putting a hole in your windshield frame. Of course there are plenty of mounts to clamp to a roll bar too (if you have a windshield bar or a-pillar bars up front rather than putting it behind you).

View attachment 75669 View attachment 75670 View attachment 75671

I have a dual battery setup where I ran power from the secondary battery to my center console. There I have a 12V socket and two USB plugs (along with the inverter) that all run off that secondary battery. So my phone sits in the console or one of the cup holders so I can plug it into one of the USB ports. I also have a second volt gauge in that console so I can monitor the voltage of the secondary battery. Made this console from some scrap 1/8" plate and vinyl upholstery from the back of a car seat at the salvage yard. It locks to keep my pistol safe at work since I can't carry in the office.

View attachment 75672 View attachment 75673 View attachment 75674 View attachment 75675
Awesome console with a lock! My uncle might like this idea for his new CJ project. I'm coming over tomorrow to help him install the suspension from 4Wheelonline.

CJ7 Phone Mount​

I wanted a simple and solid phone mount for the Jeep. I decided on a Ram-Mount X-Grip system.

It mounts into an existing threaded dash mounting bolt hole (1/4-20) above the speedometer... so no extra holes drilled in the CJ.

It is adjustable using the double socket mount arm and the X-Grip adjusts to fit most smart phones and dampens any vibration while running down the road.

1" Ball Mount w/1/4-20 Threaded Post • RAM-B-237U

Adjustable Double Socket Arm • RAM-B-201U-A

X-Griip Phone Holder • RAM-HOL-UN7BU

IMG_2348.jpg

RAM-B-237U.jpg

RAM-HOL-UN7BU.jpg

RAM-HOL-UN7BUIU4.jpg

RAM-B-201U-A.jpg

Last edited:
:popcorn:

Thank you.

mdeluca Looks like the knob screws into the dash ? Then the clamp goes around the knob ? And then clamps around the knob on the phone holder knob ?

Nice looking option. I like using existing mounting hole.

Ahhh, won’t work for me. I have a dash pad.

Well isn’t that a big ole piece of doggie doo ! Me too

Ahhh, won’t work for me. I have a dash pad.
Well isn’t that a big ole piece of doggie doo ! Me too
Forgot that I eliminated the dash pad and that plastic gauge backer. I suppose one could drill a hole just under the dash pad... not as good of a solution though.

I made my own cup holder to fit a tervis tumbler. I also used picatinny rails for a flashlite and phone holder. I'll get a better later today. Here's a couple now to take a gander at.mirror2.jpgPica1.jpgPica2.jpgPica3.jpg

Love the picatinny rail idea.

Here’s a factory installed option that actually works:FFD40D3B-96CF-41AD-99CD-E8F539EF589B.jpeg466542F2-DEAC-4717-939F-CF9D440A62F3.jpeg

I’m sticking to it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks