KC Daylighters

gert

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Donator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 cj7, 1971 Dart, 1942 Willys slat grill
Well something I haven't given much thought to on my Jeep. I have the windshield frame mounts for my lights and back in the day my lights seemed to work really good from there, I have noticed that the factory keeps the lights down low on the bumper. What do you guys prefer? And do you have the relay and fuses mounted in the engine bay or under the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like hood level lights. The dust from someone in front of you, will blind you with reflection.
Like have your high beams on in the fog. ;)

LG

I never like my lights on the windshield as there was too much reflection. Mounted on the bumper was the best for me and i also had a mount under my window by the hood hinges. they work well.

Don't like hood level lights. The dust from someone in front of you, will blind you with reflection.
Like have your high beams on in the fog. ;)

LG

I never like my lights on the windshield as there was too much reflection. Mounted on the bumper was the best for me and i also had a mount under my window by the hood hinges. they work well.

I have the stainless mounts that go over the Windshield hinges, back in the day I had the cheap Chinese lights mounted on them and the biggest reflection I got was off my neighbors bald head in his Jeep in front of me :laugh::laugh: I was looking at my lights this morning and trying to decide on a permanent install of the wiring and maybe decide to move them to the bumper....... of course not much real estate left on my bumper . Im trying to find something to work on that will keep my Jeep moving forward while I am waiting on funds :chug:
IMG_3584_zpsiagtleco.jpg

A couple small 4" LED lights would fit well at the end of both frame horns, nice looking 8274.

Is that a take-off quick bob fender on the shelf? If so did you go a different direction on your softtail?

I just sold my 76 shovel last week I've owned for over 25 years.

A couple small 4" LED lights would fit well at the end of both frame horns, nice looking 8274.

Is that a take-off quick bob fender on the shelf? If so did you go a different direction on your softtail?

I just sold my 76 shovel last week I've owned for over 25 years.

Sharp eye Posi, it's an 08 anniversary softail fender insurance almost totaled my bike because of the cost to replace all the paint after an old man tried to run me over I hope to keep this bike for a long long time, you going to get another bike?
75b8479e1fdeac5250a2c7824a51f319.jpg03cf6ff9bafd62f17cd581bcfd270a77.jpg

Wow, hate to see that, hope you didn't get hurt. Clean bike!
One of the reasons why I stopped riding, folks would see me coming, yet stare right through me to the car behind me I'm guessing, then pull out in front of me. Yes, most were older folks.

I haven't rode in three years and hated to see it sit. I never advertised it just word of mouth so a friend of a friend bought it. It went to a good home. I've been riding bikes since I was a teen racing motocross. I've had my fun.

I built the bike frame up back in 89, and never updated it.

DSCN1165.png

This picture were taken about three years ago.

DSCN1677.png

The last dirt bike I owned, I believe it was 1987. IT490

DSCN1167.png

Last edited:
Very cool I started with an RM250 in my early 20s and bought a KX 250 after that and now I'm on the Harley I use it as my Daily Driver I also have people cut me off, that is a pretty clean shovel

Very cool I started with an RM250 in my early 20s and bought a KX 250 after that and now I'm on the Harley I use it as my Daily Driver I also have people cut me off, that is a pretty clean shovel

OK-:D Just to show you how old I really am. My first 'bike' was a Honda 305 Scrambler that I bought new in 1966. :laugh:

LG

OK-:D Just to show you how old I really am. My first 'bike' was a Honda 305 Scrambler that I bought new in 1966. :laugh:

LG

Lol dude that's cool

Well just made them permanent, I think I'm going to put the switch in the dash next to the headlight switch and put the relay and fuses next to the the fuse panel7ba2d3a0ef6b0c95378e750638b0ddb6.jpg

They look very easy to steal. :eek:
LG

Well just made them permanent, I think I'm going to put the switch in the dash next to the headlight switch and put the relay and fuses next to the the fuse panel7ba2d3a0ef6b0c95378e750638b0ddb6.jpg

Gotta have smiley faces on the front of a CJ:

20140529_163059_Android_zps1cd46d32.jpg

:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks