JR broke more... Hubs

JR broke more... Hubs
I just went out and checked my grade 8 bolts, they are 1.25 long. You should be good to go.

Thank you! :notworthy:

I was worried after ordering them, but figured I'd see when I got home...

So I appreciate you looking Old Dog! :D

:chug:

~ JR

Not a problem, It's all apart for new spindle bearings and axle seals :D

well the old briken bolt ends came out no problems. I had a standard right hand thread drill bit, and a left hand drill bit, and the ez outs. didnt even need the ez outs. The left hand bit took em out no problem.

So I cleaned everything up, changed out all the grease in the hubs and bearings, and put it all back in there and caped them off with these sweet new Stage 8 Lock bolts!

10340d1341522094-what-did-you-do-your-cj-today-hub1.jpg

attachment.php

Think they'll work out just fine... I got them all lined up right for the stopping from backing out position.

:cool:

~ JR

Sorry for the delay JR, was out testing the locks :D.
Stage 8 Manual Locking Hub Fasteners
Here's the part you can locate a vendor, same as you I did not find a current listing at Summit.

No worries bud,

So when you go to summit, you can buy them, just blindly...

Stage 8 Locking Fasteners 8901 - Stage 8 Locking Fasteners Transfer Cases & Components - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Haven't checked Price out yet. (against elsewhere)

~ JR

All good so far, this is the fix I've used...

:notworthy: All and :chug: until next "Jr Broke...." thread...

~ JR

Good to see you got it back together and running again.

Lol u didnt see my new "alternator putting out 25 v thread" yet. Huh? Lol

JR please don't make me reread the entire thread...but did'nt you crater a hub? maybe it was just broken bolts.
Glad your up and running again, me I'm waiting for brown to bring a new H2o pump.:)

I get that this is an old thread I am a new member here I tried to start a new thread BUT was unable too.

:cautious:

I HAD the same problem with these bolts backing off the Hubs on the 6 bolt adapter deal I have tightened them many times and even replaced missing bolts a few times.
I was in my Yard using my Jeeps winch on a Tree and Guess what??? I snapped that 6 Bolt adapter deal into three pieces!

I have a modified 81 CJ7 it does have the Dana 30 front axle I am told. I bought the truck a couple years ago been unbreakable for most part it has lockers front and rear 456 gears and a Low gear kit in the xfer case on a 4 inch lift on 33s SO I was told when buying it. I bought new rubber for it and been driving the heck out of it ever since.

Any way I recently broke a 6 bolt spacer deal under my Warn hub lock switch deal in my own front yard! I wasn't aware that the dang bolts had backed off after tightening them for the hundredth time. and Yup broke it in three pieces !
so now I am looking for a new set of Hubs with the 6 bolt adapter deal. I can find Warn hubs on Ebay BUT they only show ONE of these 6 bolt adapters in a set and theirs no advertised parts break down of what they come with other pics generally only show the Hub switch deal with no spacer deal in the Box.

Its my understanding that the 6 bolt thing was an after market upgrade so I am in trouble I went to WARN web sight looking for Hubs and they no longer make hubs or kits for the CJ7. Their are some Warn hubs on Ebay but not on Quadratec web sight or 4x4parts ...... don't get me going I don't like either one!

I have some other problems with the truck but that will wait for the restoration and new Spring over axle lift. Mean while I need to get her up and going again cool weather is finally here in Death valley and I need to go wheeling!

So does any one have a source for these or know of a set for sale????

Dennis

I get that this is an old thread I am a new member here I tried to start a new thread BUT was unable too.

:cautious:

I HAD the same problem with these bolts backing off the Hubs on the 6 bolt adapter deal I have tightened them many times and even replaced missing bolts a few times.
I was in my Yard using my Jeeps winch on a Tree and Guess what??? I snapped that 6 Bolt adapter deal into three pieces!

I have a modified 81 CJ7 it does have the Dana 30 front axle I am told. I bought the truck a couple years ago been unbreakable for most part it has lockers front and rear 456 gears and a Low gear kit in the xfer case on a 4 inch lift on 33s SO I was told when buying it. I bought new rubber for it and been driving the heck out of it ever since.

Any way I recently broke a 6 bolt spacer deal under my Warn hub lock switch deal in my own front yard! I wasn't aware that the dang bolts had backed off after tightening them for the hundredth time. and Yup broke it in three pieces !
so now I am looking for a new set of Hubs with the 6 bolt adapter deal. I can find Warn hubs on Ebay BUT they only show ONE of these 6 bolt adapters in a set and theirs no advertised parts break down of what they come with other pics generally only show the Hub switch deal with no spacer deal in the Box.

Its my understanding that the 6 bolt thing was an after market upgrade so I am in trouble I went to WARN web sight looking for Hubs and they no longer make hubs or kits for the CJ7. Their are some Warn hubs on Ebay but not on Quadratec web sight or 4x4parts ...... don't get me going I don't like either one!

I have some other problems with the truck but that will wait for the restoration and new Spring over axle lift. Mean while I need to get her up and going again cool weather is finally here in Death valley and I need to go wheeling!

So does any one have a source for these or know of a set for sale????

Dennis
I might have a set, let me check and post back, but will not separate the parts.

Nope, sold them when I sold my CJ5 project, all I have are a pair of these 5 bolt
2023-11-01_151248.jpg
and they are for sale

I need the 6 bolt ones Thanks for looking though!!!! :tu:

I have a set of Mile Markers on mine and have been happy with them. Of course I have the 5-bolt, but am pleased with them.

I have a set of Mile Markers on mine and have been happy with them. Of course I have the 5-bolt, but am pleased with them.
Ditto

I’ve heard none are that well made anymore. MM being the best of all though. Which model is for the 30 on CJs for 5 bolt ?

The Mile Marker model 470 fits the Dana 30 on CJs with the 5-bolt hubs and 27-spline axles. Their model 457 fits a 27-spline 6-bolt application on older CJs.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks