Jeep Problems

Jeep Problems
Paper filters can filter smaller particles. This is good to get a lot of miles out of your engine.

High flow filters are less restrictive. This provides better performance and helps at higher altitudes.

Larger filters allow are less restrictive without affecting the size of the particles that can flow through it.

My motorcycle has 107,000 miles on it. If I rebuild the engine every 130,000 miles it should last indefinitely (500,000 Miles? 800,000?). So to get high mileage I use the OEM filter.
Some riders want horsepower. Adding a high flow filter and exhaust is the easiest way to accomplish that. I added an after-market exhaust because that will not impact on the mileage I can expect out of my engine.

I drive my Jeep 800 miles a year. At that rate it will take 125 years before I put 100,000 miles on it. With a high flow air filter do you think I'll only be able to drive it for 75 years between engine rebuilds? No the high airflow filters don't make that much difference and my Jeep never will be a high mileage vehicle. I only use if for the trails. The problems I run into are caused by the rocks I ride over not the smallest particles in my intake.

Paper filters can filter smaller particles. This is good to get a lot of miles out of your engine.

High flow filters are less restrictive. This provides better performance and helps at higher altitudes.

Larger filters allow are less restrictive without affecting the size of the particles that can flow through it.

My motorcycle has 107,000 miles on it. If I rebuild the engine every 130,000 miles it should last indefinitely (500,000 Miles? 800,000?). So to get high mileage I use the OEM filter.
Some riders want horsepower. Adding a high flow filter and exhaust is the easiest way to accomplish that. I added an after-market exhaust because that will not impact on the mileage I can expect out of my engine.

I drive my Jeep 800 miles a year. At that rate it will take 125 years before I put 100,000 miles on it. With a high flow air filter do you think I'll only be able to drive it for 75 years between engine rebuilds? No the high airflow filters don't make that much difference and my Jeep never will be a high mileage vehicle. I only use if for the trails. The problems I run into are caused by the rocks I ride over not the smallest particles in my intake.

Who pays for your parts you install in your jeep? Pretty sure the guy that flips the bill has a lot to say on what goes on your jeep and what doesn't.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks