Jeep Commando to CJ5

Jeep Commando to CJ5

BrockGrimes

Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
Anyone seen a a CJ with a commando front grill and hood installed?
The pic is a commando for reference. The hood is wider and the lights are fitted into small panels that are placed on the left and right of the headlights. I think all you would need are those 2 panels and a hood.

They just look mean with that wider hood and the lights moved up.
Thoughts? Pic's if it's already been done? Sacrilege?

163_0602_24z_readers_rides_1971_jeep_jeepster_commando_front_passenger_side.jpg

I saw one done that way. the guy had a Warn 8274 on the front, so the higher turn signals were working for him. He also use the extra space under the hood for his powerwelder & compressor.

I was thinking the extra space would be handy.
I'd like to get a pic before I made up my mind if I want to do that or not.
Been eyeballing a jeepster commando nearby thinking how cool the front looks.
wondering what my CJ5 would look like with it, LOL.

I think it would be a great look! Not so sure about tearing up a CJ but tearing up one of those square headlighted thingamabobs would be cool!

Personally, I wouldn't tear up a (good) Commando just to put the nose on a CJ, but if the rest was toast, then I'd think about it.

After the Jeepster frontend conversion you need to put a flat panel dash like a CJ.:cool:

There was a Yj done up like that in the readers rig section of Jp awhile ago. I wouldnt do it to a Cj but it sure does make a Yj look better.

Well with the CJ grill I think all you would need would be add the 2 panels for the signal lights and the hood. So it would be easily reverseable. I'd never squash a jeep to build another unless it was trashed to begin with. I'd just like to see what it would look like.

[FONT=&quot]I saw a guy with a green scrambler with a postal grill. With Jeeps it interchangeability. AKA:Hack:D
[/FONT]

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom