Build Thread IAFFCJ Beginning of my build (Pic Heavy)

Build Thread IAFFCJ Beginning of my build (Pic Heavy)
Well it has been a while since I have gotten anything done on the jeep. Between my never ending fight with the leaves in the yard, trying to get the garage to a point the wife can park inside for the winter and goose hunting the jeep has slowed down. I decided to take a different route as the sandblasting was taking so long that I needed to do something that would show some progress to try and keep me motivated. So I started cutting out some of the rust and preping replacement parts. Started with the small triangle braces on one of the cross members. Thought they would be quick and easy for the first step. I think I was mistaken.

This side still seems to be salvagable.
DSCN0490.jpg

This side was mostly rusted through but the part that was left was a bear to remove.
DSCN0489.jpg

But I finaly got it cleaned up pretty well
DSCN0491.jpg

And got the replacement mostly fabed up.
DSCN0492.jpg

Did a little frame repair today. Have a week that Goose season is closed so back to the garage. Just filled some rust through today. It is a little thin in those spots so I am going to plate over it as well.

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

Well it has been some time sense I have gotten anything done on the jeep. Life has been pretty busy. Landscaping for the wife and helping a friend get his 25 x 40 shop up and running has been taking a lot of my time. With the new shop almost ready to be worked in a new plan has emerged. Get my buddy's Scrambler ready for the National Scramble (I think) and then hammer out my rolling chassis. The new plan will give me access to a huge compressor for sand blasting and a much nicer welder than I have for the final repairs of the frame.

So in anticipation I have decided to try and prep the stuff that will need to go on the frame to make it roll again (finally).

So the other day I pulled apart the rear axle. Due to budget constraints it will probably get just cleaned up and any bad bearings replaced and new seals. Then Rust encapsulater and top coat and any new brake parts that are necessary. Then once the jeep is drivable and I have played with it for a while I will make some traction upgrades.

DSCN0586.jpg
DSCN0587.jpg
DSCN0596.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks