Suspension Hub cracked?

Suspension Hub cracked?

tikifrei

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 5.3 D44/Isuzu 12bolt D300
any thoughts if this needs to be replaced? I cleaned up the hubs to put in new races and bearings and discovered what seems to be a crack.

IMG_5034.jpeg

Better safe than sorry. I'd replace it

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Solution
I would think if you wheel it any at all you wanna look for a new one, that could make an expensive mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to join the chorus and say replace it. New part cost is much less than repairing the damage they can do.

Rather than start another Hub thread I recently Broke my 6 bolt adapter for my Hub.
I am looking for a replacement BUT I cant find a Warn Hub like I have now witch includes the 6 bolt adapter all the Ebay adds show one on one hubs but not both other adds just show the Hub itself and no 6 or 5 bolt adapter and dont say what parts are included for a Dana 30.

I went to Warn web sight and they dont list a Hub for the CJ7 anymore.
I am finding it harder and harder to find original parts for the CJ7

Help please I am not ready to convert to a Dana 444 yet as much as I would like too I just cant swallow the expense with all my other restoration projects right now.
as a example of parts no longer being supplied for the little CJ I reached out to CVR for a set of axles for my Dana 30 and they Dont offer any only way to get them is to disassemble my axles measure and special order them and they will make a set IF they have the outers!!!!!

Rather than start another Hub thread I recently Broke my 6 bolt adapter for my Hub.
I am looking for a replacement BUT I cant find a Warn Hub like I have now witch includes the 6 bolt adapter all the Ebay adds show one on one hubs but not both other adds just show the Hub itself and no 6 or 5 bolt adapter and dont say what parts are included for a Dana 30.

I went to Warn web sight and they dont list a Hub for the CJ7 anymore.
I am finding it harder and harder to find original parts for the CJ7

Help please I am not ready to convert to a Dana 444 yet as much as I would like too I just cant swallow the expense with all my other restoration projects right now.
as a example of parts no longer being supplied for the little CJ I reached out to CVR for a set of axles for my Dana 30 and they Dont offer any only way to get them is to disassemble my axles measure and special order them and they will make a set IF they have the outers!!!!!
Just look on ebay/craigslist/marketplace for a used front axle. Theres no shortage of whole CJ Dana 30. Swap over what you need and store the rest dry in the shed.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks